Tech Talent Staff – Tech Talent Jobs /
The Communications Associate reports to the Executive Director and leads Tech Talent Project’s communications work including the creation of materials and related content for a variety of distinct stakeholders. This is a content-focused, writing, and production-intensive role, that involves skillful relationships with colleagues across the team (leadership, programming, fundraising). The role requires a high level of creativity and intellectual curiosity, as well as initiative, agility, superior writing and presentation skills, and the ability to produce consistently high caliber content and projects. The ideal candidate is mission-driven with an interest in learning about government modernization efforts and the public interest tech landscape.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Research and draft content in collaboration with the ED or VP of Partnerships and colleagues across teams. Review and edit material prepared for internal and external stakeholders.
- Curate existing assets and develop new materials to support programming activities and other engagement opportunities, including talking points and remarks, presentations, pre-reads, and follow-ups. These events range from large-scale events to individual donor visits and meetings to steering committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of content for presentations and other communications needs of the Executive Director.
- Facilitate the creation of collateral for other special projects as needed.
- Project manage vendor relations (graphic design, proofreader, web development, etc).
- Manage intern(s) on communications specific projects and research.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education.
- Minimum of five years of related experience in communications, journalism, or marketing, or a related field in a writing-intensive role.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills and ability to turn detailed, complicated information into concise, easily understood language.
- Must be able to manage competing demands effectively in a busy environment and to effectively prioritize tasks and work within deadlines.
- Must be well organized, have superb attention to detail, and effective follow-up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate and work with all levels of a remote organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint) and Google Drive.
- Requires good judgment and the ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
- Proactive and willing to do whatever is necessary to complete a job.
- Strong networks inside and outside of the tech industry and/or government preferred.
- Discretion and political savvy
- Exceptional communicator
- Well organized, detail-oriented
- Customer service mindset
- Sense of humor
Applicants will submit a resume, cover letter, and professional writing sample. This role is open and looking to be filled as soon as possible. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Position: Communications Associate
Status: Exempt, full-time
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000 / year
The Tech Talent Project is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working. Our comprehensive benefits package includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.