Senior Quality Automation Engineer
Remote in Ukraine
Slate Studio – Engineering
Slate Studio is a product design and development consultancy based in Los Angeles, California and Kyiv, Ukraine. Founded in 2009, our team of 25+ people are mostly designers, developers and product managers, and includes successful US entrepreneurs. Slate Studio is not like typical outsource companies - we are a remote team of very senior people that specializes in crafting beautiful, scalable, multi-platform products for the world’s largest technology and media companies.
On behalf of Slate Studio, TTL is looking for a SENIOR AUTOMATION QA ENGINEER to join our senior team in the development of several recently funded projects. You will be responsible to create and maintain a suite of automated tests across our large-scale, highly available, web-based services for consumer websites and mobile applications. You will work with our web and mobile engineers to ensure quality control of our web and mobile applications and integration with "internet of things" devices and backend services.
In this role, you will
- Work with distributed team of 3-5 people to build solutions and solve complex technical challenges
- Build test automation frameworks to enable automated functional test cases
- Integrate automated testing into CI/CD processes
- Write end-to-end, API, mobile, and web application tests
- Prepare test environments and test data, analyze test results, and summary reports
- Light manual testing
- Collaborate and communicate with engineering leads on project and delivery status
- Enforce best practices for all aspects of the software development lifecycle
What we value
- 3+ years in automation testing of user interface and backend services for web and mobile applications
- Automation testing on iOS and Android with Appium
- Base patterns used for automated tests (page object)
- Open API / Swagger
- Unit tests, integration tests, continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab)
- Improving knowledge of software QA methods, tools and processes
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Bug tracking systems (JIRA)
- Optimization between delivery platforms (mobile vs desktop)
- Code-versioning tools (Git)
- Distributed team across multiple time zones
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English (we speak English every day)
Will be a plus
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Work for a US company led by successful American technology execs
- Senior team
- Remote work
- No bureaucracy
- Complex technologies + challenging tasks
- Flexible time with vacations, sick days, and paid holidays
- Business trips and visa support to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Los Angeles, USA
ABOUT TECH TEAM LABS
TTL is not a “typical outsource company.” We provide next-level talent experiences to align people across the globe with opportunities to fulfill minds, fuel economies, and enrich society through the future of work.
We develop incredibly good strategy, recruitment, management, and training to deliver transformational scale for organizations by ensuring talented people are rewarded with jobs they love.
TTL is led by U.S. entrepreneur Dane McLeod and a few incredible people who helped Ukrainian startup Viewdle sell to Google and opened Ring Ukraine.
We look for individuals who are focused, intelligent, and desire both a career and a lifestyle – not an ordinary job. At TTL, you collaborate with executives who serve as coaches and guides to your success.
We work with people and organizations who want to inspire innovation and change the world with us. Like us, our candidates and customers embrace the future of work and have a deep, driving desire to demand better work experiences for people.
TTL is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with operations in Europe and Asia.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.