Senior Full Stack Web Engineer
Remote in Ukraine
Slate Studio – Engineering
Slate Studio is a product design and development consultancy based in Los Angeles, California and Kyiv, Ukraine. Founded in 2009, our team of 20+ people are mostly designers, developers and product managers, and includes successful US entrepreneurs. Slate Studio is not like typical outsource companies - we are a remote team of very senior people that specializes in crafting beautiful, scalable, multi-platform products for the world’s largest technology and media companies.
On behalf of Slate Studio, TTL is looking for a SENIOR FULL STACK WEB ENGINEER to join a senior team in the development of several recently funded projects. Your primary focus will be to build server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests, and communication with Android applications and their integration with “internet of things” devices and backend services. You will work with other specialists on different layers of the infrastructure and, therefore, your dedication to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
In this role, you will
- Work in a 3-5 person distributed team of developers and QA engineers to build state-of-the-art solutions and solve complex technical challenges
- Implement application architecture in conjunction with the engineering leads.
- Work with product managers, and engineering leads to understand application requirements, identify solutions, and determine feasibility & timelines
- Build & deploy various “microservices” and APIs as well as develop applications that depend upon them
- Regularly communicate with engineering leads on project and delivery status
- Follow best practices alongside your team for all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including process & conventions
What we value
- Experience with microservices architecture using NodeJS
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with UI frameworks React / Vue / Angular
- Work experience with OpenAPI specification / Swagger
- Experience writing tests daily (both unit and integration tests), Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration/Delivery processes
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of server-side templating languages and frontend technologies (JS, HTML5, and CSS3)
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Understanding of code-versioning tools (Git)
- Strong experience working with a distributed team across multiple time zones
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English (we speak English every single day)
What we like
- Experience with Linux containerization (Docker / Rancher)
- Experience building iOS (Objective C, Swift) and/or Android (JAVA) mobile apps
- Knowledge of SQL, experience with MySQL, Postgres
- Knowledge of C / C++ / Python / Ruby
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Work for a US company
- Senior team
- Remote work
- No bureaucracy
- Complex technologies + challenging tasks
- 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, paid holidays
- Business trips and visa support to Los Angeles, USA
TTL is not a “typical outsource company”. We focus on connecting exceptionally talented software developers with rare job opportunities from US product companies in Kyiv. TTL is led by U.S. entrepreneur Dane McLeod and a few incredible people who helped Ukrainian startup Viewdle sell to Google. We work with fast-growing, trusted, and funded U.S. technology companies to establish, grow and operate dedicated software development offices in Kyiv with 25+ senior people.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.