Senior iOS Engineer
Remote in Ukraine
Slate Studio – Engineering
Slate Studio is a product design and development consultancy based in Los Angeles, California and Kyiv, Ukraine. Founded in 2009, our team of 25+ people are mostly designers, developers and product managers, and includes successful US entrepreneurs. Slate Studio is not like typical outsource companies - we are a remote team of very senior people that specializes in crafting beautiful, scalable, multi-platform products for the world’s largest technology and media companies.
On behalf of Slate Studio, TTL is looking for a SENIOR iOS ENGINEER responsible for the development of new iOS applications and their integration with the next-generation of "internet of things" devices and backend services. You will own the mobile experience to ensure high performance and responsiveness to highlight your app's beautiful design.
In this role, you will
- Work in a 3-5 person distributed team of developers and QA to translate designs and wireframes into mobile apps for iOS
- Design, build and maintain high-performance, reusable, and reliable SWIFT code
- Own all aspects of the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Ensure pixel-perfect implementation from design specs and build seamless animations
- Collaborate with team to conceive, design and launch new features
- Write tests daily (both unit and integration tests)
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
What we value
- 4+ years developing, releasing and maintaining rich native iOS apps (links to app store)
- Objective-C and SWIFT
- iOS frameworks (Core Data, Core Animation, UIKit, Networking, etc)
- OpenAPI / Swagger
- Natural ability for benchmarking and optimization
- Offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Connecting iOS apps to consume RESTful APIs
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Daily unit tests, integration tests, TDD, CI/CD
- Code-versioning tools (Git)
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English (we speak English every day)
What we like
- Hybrid mobile app development (e.g. PhoneGap)
- Microservices architecture
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux containerization (Docker, Rancher)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Work for a US company led by successful American technology execs
- Senior team
- Remote work
- No bureaucracy
- Complex technologies + challenging tasks
- Flexible time with vacations, sick days, and paid holidays
- Business trips and visa support to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Los Angeles, USA
ABOUT TECH TEAM LABS
TTL is not a “typical outsource company.” We provide next-level talent experiences to align people across the globe with opportunities to fulfill minds, fuel economies, and enrich society through the future of work.
We develop incredibly good strategy, recruitment, management, and training to deliver transformational scale for organizations by ensuring talented people are rewarded with jobs they love.
TTL is led by U.S. entrepreneur Dane McLeod and a few incredible people who helped Ukrainian startup Viewdle sell to Google and opened Ring Ukraine.
We look for individuals who are focused, intelligent, and desire both a career and a lifestyle – not an ordinary job. At TTL, you collaborate with executives who serve as coaches and guides to your success.
We work with people and organizations who want to inspire innovation and change the world with us. Like us, our candidates and customers embrace the future of work and have a deep, driving desire to demand better work experiences for people.
TTL is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with operations in Europe and Asia.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.