Frontend Engineer, Data Observability (SF, NYC, or Remote)
New York, NY /
Software Engineering /
At Tecton, we are on a mission to bring world-class Machine Learning to every product and customer experience. Tecton’s founders developed the first Feature Store when they created Uber’s Michelangelo ML platform. In pursuit of bringing ML to every production application, we have since brought the leading commercial feature store to market and built the most popular open-source feature store.
We are funded by Sequoia Capital and Andreessen Horowitz and have a fast-growing team that works out of SF, NYC, and remotely. Our team has years of experience building and operating business-critical machine learning systems at leading tech companies like Uber, Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Twitter, and Quora, and we’re now bringing those same capabilities to every organization in the world.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be a key contributor in the creation of frontend data tooling and visualization components for our observability platform. You will bring data visualization and observability experiences to life in close collaboration with our senior design team, and help to set the standard for the way we present high-scale real-time machine learning data and concepts to our users.
- Build a consistent UX for all data visualization components and exploration tools by working with designers
- Work with designers to bring a consistent experience to all data visualization components and data exploration tooling
- Building front-end components for data observability by following our in-house standards and best practices
- Build a foundation of components for an enterprise-ready data platform
- Develop data visualization components and (sometimes) extend backend APIs to power data visualization components
Qualifications and Values
- At least 2 years of frontend experience working on external user-facing UIs
- Demonstrable experience building data visualization components, ideally with a real-time element
- An eye for making complex data or ML concepts easy to understand through simple representations
- Understanding and expertise building with React
- The ability to balance ideal with practical solutions
- Passion for elegant UX and user empathy
Tecton values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national original, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please contact us at email@example.com