Staff Software Engineer, ML Platform (SF, NYC, or Remote)
United States /
Software Engineering /
At Tecton, we are on a mission to bring world-class Machine Learning to every product and customer experience. Tecton’s founders developed the first Feature Store when they created Uber’s Michelangelo ML platform. In pursuit of bringing ML to every production application, we have since brought the leading commercial feature store to market and built the most popular open-source feature store.
We are funded by Sequoia Capital and Andreessen Horowitz and have a fast-growing team that works out of SF, NYC, and remotely. Our team has years of experience building and operating business-critical machine learning systems at leading tech companies like Uber, Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Twitter, and Quora, and we’re now bringing those same capabilities to every organization in the world.
As a staff-level member of Tecton's engineering team, you will play a critical role in designing, building and scaling our platform and building our team in EMEA. You will leverage your breadth of experience and keen product sense to work on a number of critical projects. There’s a lot of work to be done and we would love for you to be part of it.
- Own and lead large technical domains starting from the problem definition and technical requirements along with implementation and maintenance
- Lead multi-engineer projects of strategic importance to Tecton spanning cross-functional teams including design, product management, and other engineering teams
- Drive efforts to improve engineering practices, tooling, and processes
- Develop a deep understanding of the fundamental problems our customers face in building ML systems
- Be a generalist as needed. We have a small and growing engineering team in Europe and each engineer needs to be versatile
- Support in building out our initial team in Europe and mentor junior engineers
- Reinforce Tecton’s “think big and work backwards” core value
Qualifications and Values
- 8+ years of experience in building product software systems
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience for a group of engineers
- Experience working in large Python, Java, Kotlin, or Go codebases and running cloud-native production systems using Kubernetes, AWS, and Docker
- Experience with distributed systems, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Bias to action and passion for delivering high-quality solutions
- Strong communication and ability to write detailed technical specifications
- Excitement about coaching and mentorship of junior engineers
- BSc, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related fields
Tecton values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national original, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please contact us at email@example.com