Head of Support Engineering
Remote (US) / San Francisco, CA / New York, NY / Seattle, WA
Engineering – Support Engineering /
At Tecton, we are on a mission to bring Machine Learning to every customer and product interaction on the planet. We build an enterprise-grade, world-class Feature Platform – the infrastructure that powers real-time ML applications and systems in production.
Tecton’s founders developed the first Feature Store when they created Uber’s Michelangelo ML platform, and we’re now bringing those same capabilities to every organization in the world.
Tecton is funded by Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, and Kleiner Perkins, along with strategic investments from Snowflake and Databricks. We have a fast-growing team that’s distributed around the world, with offices in San Francisco and New York City. Our team has years of experience building and operating business-critical machine learning systems at leading tech companies like Uber, Google, Meta, Airbnb, Lyft, and Twitter.
This is a critical role within the Engineering organization leading and scaling our Support Engineering team. You will own and drive Tecton’s customer-facing support efforts to the next level to provide a phenomenal user experience.
- Own end-to-end processes spanning Support and multiple other teams (e.g. Professional Services, Engineering, Solutions)
- Lead and train a growing group of Support Engineers located in multiple time zones and countries
- Scale and operationalize Tecton’s Support model to support new and existing customer growth
- Build a self-sufficient Support team that can resolve user issues and inquiries with minimal support from other teams
- Operationalize Support Engineering with robust reporting and metrics
- Build and invest in top-tier Support tooling and software
- Experience working with Python, SQL, and modern data products to build and test data-intensive applications
- At least 6 years total Support Engineering experience with 4 years managing, hiring, and training Technical Product Support teams
- Expertise owning and scaling support operations with process development, escalation protocols, communication tools, and ticketing systems
- Hands-on experience with at least one cloud platform (AWS or Google Cloud) and at least one modern big data product such as Databricks, Snowflake, and BigQuery
- Experience with customer-facing communication and building customer relationships
$134,000 - $199,000 a year
The estimated US base salary range for this position is $134,000 - $199,000 annually for employees based within California & New York. In addition to base salary, we offer competitive equity & comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, 401(K), flexible paid time off, 10 paid holidays each calendar year, sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws. Individual compensation packages are based on multiple factors such as location, level, role scope, and complexity, as well as additional job-related factors such as skills, experience, and expertise.
Tecton values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from the application through to the interview, please contact us at email@example.com.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.