Software Engineer - Embedded
Mountain View, CA
Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world after water. Rich in tradition and ritual, tea also has the ability to transform our body, mind and spirit. Teforia will combine the knowledge of a tea master with the best in modern technology to transform the tradition of tea into a modern sensory experience.
Our stunningly-beautiful connected machine intuitively understands the best infusion method for each tea varietal, reading each tea package and automatically initiating the optimal brewing recipe. Teforia makes the delicate, complicated process of infusion a simple, enjoyable experience and produces a perfect cup of tea every time.
We are looking for an engineer with embedded systems expertise, who is passionate about creating something new and amazing. You will be an individual contributor developing embedded software solutions for our current and future products.
Help shape the future of the 3+ billion people that drink tea everyday by driving development of Teforia's next generation products.
- Lead firmware team in design, implementation, debug, and maintenance of production quality firmware for Teforia's next generation product.
- Develop production prototypes and carry development through commercial production.
- Understand and communicate how architectural tradeoffs impact complexity, cost, and schedule.
- Define RTOS and processor needs for system.
- Bring-up, debug, and validate prototype hardware.
- Design unit tests, automated functional tests, test plans, and production testing firmware.
- International travel for extended periods may be required.
Our Ideal Candidate Has...
- 5+ years of professional experience shipping production quality software.
- Fundamental knowledge of low-level firmware.
- Knowledge of system level runtimes and device driver development.
- Solid C and C++ coding abilities.
- Experience writing systems utilizing embedded RTOS.
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts.
- Experience with digital hardware.
- Experience interacting with vendor and ODM engineers.
- Experience with linux device driver development
- Ability to read schematics and use an oscilloscope.
- Direct experience with the linux kernel, security and system hardening best-practices.
- Experience with golang.
What We Can Offer You
- Market competitive salary and fantastic benefits
- Equity in a strongly backed startup with huge potential
- Work with a sharp team of driven and motivated individuals in a fun, exciting environment
- Tea, lots of amazing tea!