Chicago, IL or Remote /
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions.
We are looking for an experienced and pragmatic attorney to join our rapidly growing team. As Senior Counsel, you will work with the company’s General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer to build the legal function at Tegus. Specifically, you will operate as a strategic partner to various business units to, among other things, optimize the commercial contracting process, oversee product and services compliance, and manage various legal issues that arise across the organization. If you want to use your legal skills to drive business outcomes, are passionate about building effective and efficient teams and processes, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this may be the role for you!
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial contracts, including customer agreements, NDAs, vendor contracts, and consulting agreements.
- Scale the contract management system and streamline collaboration between Legal and Sales to accelerate the sales process.
- Draft and implement robust and clear terms of service, privacy policies, and other policies and disclosures.
- Develop expertise in, and advise the lines of business on, matters relating to Tegus’ product and service offerings, including marketing, intellectual property, and data privacy.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to identify opportunities to reduce risk through technology and streamline legal functionality.
- Assist the GC/CCO in managing outside counsel and work on special projects as they arise from time to time.
- 4+ years of post Juris Doctor degree.
- Admitted to, and in good standing with, a state bar.
- Experience with commercial contracts, B2B SaaS, financial services, fintech, or data privacy laws a plus.
- Excellent judgment and ability to evaluate risk with an eye towards empowering business outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build productive cross-functional relationships.
- Persistence, drive and a goal-focused mindset as you own projects from initiation to completion.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize tasks within a fast-paced environment.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, plus a 401k match.
- Generous paid parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving growth-stage company and make a big impact on our business.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation, and more.
- Upon returning to the office, we also offer commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.