Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
As a Product Designer, you will be leading the design effort to refine the core platform functions to increase adoption and engagement. You will design and deliver a user experience that makes it easy and intuitive to generate and manage insights from Tegus' qualitative data. This will include establishing the visual design language for all our products and our design system. You will be expected to own the entire design process from research to UI execution while working iteratively based on internal and customer feedback through transparency and inclusion. Lastly, you will also partner with the Head of Design in setting up foundational design team practices from process to external team representation.
- Steer efforts to concept, design, and bring your vision all the way through to implementation by moving quickly and working closely with other designers and cross-functional partners.
- Design and deliver high-quality cohesive experiences with attention to visual and interaction details and consider yourself a craftsperson.
- Help establish the visual design language for all our products and our design system.
- Own the entire design process, from research to UI execution.
- Work iteratively based on internal and customer feedback through transparency and inclusion.
- Participate in design department activities to provide feedback on work and design team practices, from process to external team representation.
- At least 1 year of experience designing digital products.
- Proven ability to conduct user research.
- Ability to tell compelling stories about your intentional design decisions.
- A professional portfolio of product-focused design work demonstrating the thoughtfulness of your process and the breadth of your skills.
- Have a self-starter mindset, willing to proactively look for opportunities to grow our design practice, and eagerness to constantly share new design knowledge.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-friendly - work wherever you're most productive. (Note: this position is not currently open to Colorado residents).
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, plus a 401k match.
- Generous paid parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation and flexible work hours.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving growth-stage company and make a big impact on our business.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The option to work from a state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, gender neutral bathrooms and full amenity floor.
- Upon returning to the office, we also offer commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
And for candidates in Chicago:
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.