Manager, Customer Operations
Chicago, IL /
Customer Operations /
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions.
The mission for this role is to motivate, manage, and incentivize a team of 8-12 Analysts & Account Managers to deliver exceptional service to every customer in their book. This is achieved via strong internal and external stakeholder communication, effective prioritization and execution of project requests, and monitoring quantity, quality, and speed of expert recommendations. The Manager will be responsible for coaching Analysts on achieving and exceeding their monthly call quotas and providing exceptional service in a fast-paced, high energy, and collaborative environment while modeling and instilling Tegus’ values and culture throughout their team. This person will also coach Account Managers to identify opportunities in order to increase engagement and call volume within their customer base in a high-energy and collaborative environment while modeling and instilling Tegus’ values and culture in their team.
- Develop, manage, and incentivize Analysts & Account Managers in achieving and exceeding key metrics.
- Coach Analysts & Account Managers to deliver unmatched service and communicate professionally with customers and experts.
- Interview, hire, and develop (post-onboarding training) a team of Analysts who ramp to full contribution within 12 weeks.
- Compile weekly/monthly team reports, conduct 1:1’s, and conduct regular quality assurance reviews.
- Work closely with Senior Managers/Director of Operations to provide feedback and execute on department-wide initiatives.
- Prior experience managing and leading a team.
- Ability to effectively train, coach, and mentor a team to ensure delivery of world-class service.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Get-it-done mindset: able to handle stress well, humble, and scrappy.
- An open-minded and curious listener who is able to pick up context quickly and can navigate ambiguity to get to the heart of the problem.
- Self-starter attitude who can initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assume responsibility for quality results with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors Degree Preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, plus a 401k match.
- Generous paid parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving growth-stage company and make a big impact on our business.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation, and more.
- Upon returning to the office, we also offer commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.