Senior Mobile iOS Engineer
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
- Build robust, well-designed and effective software that solves complex problems. While you'll take point on mobile development, you'll work on everything.
- Take point on mobile development. Build beautiful experiences for Tegus's users in a brand new iOS application.
- Test, review and deploy code quickly. Our team is exceptional and we TDD most changes, so we don’t slow ourselves down with excessive release processes or meetings. We deploy over 5 times per day and manage major releases with feature flags rather than coordinated deployments.
- Research, learn and share new techniques for solving complex engineering problems. We’re a highly collaborative team and we push each other to find better solutions every day.
- Write tools and develop practices for the engineering team. From GraphQL-to-Typescript compilers to fully automated deployments, we take the time to invest heavily in our own productivity.
- Own projects from end-to-end. On a given day you might be building a system to measure search engine performance, reworking an integration with a telephony provider, or designing a UI component library.
- Analyze and design solutions to business problems. Companies that throw solutions over the wall to engineers are wasting half their abilities. At Tegus, you’ll be fully involved in determining what to do, not just doing it.
- You love iOS development and are excited to bring it to a new company.
- You have a team-first mentality and you work collaboratively with different stakeholders to set the technical direction for our products, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers.
- You have deep empathy for users and use it to help build products customers love.
- You take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- You’re excited to own projects from beginning to end. We believe in hiring great people and getting out of their way.
- Extensive experience working on platforms beyond iOS is preferred. This is a general software development role with a focus on mobile, not an exclusively mobile role.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Vue or Typescript is a plus but not at all required.
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and software testing.
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-friendly - work wherever you're most productive. (Note: this position is not currently open to Colorado residents).
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, plus a 401k match.
- Generous paid parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation and flexible work hours.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving growth-stage company and make a big impact on our business.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The option to work from a state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, gender neutral bathrooms and full amenity floor.
- Upon returning to the office, we also offer commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
And for candidates in Chicago:
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.