HR Business Partner (HRBP)
Chicago, IL /
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions.
The People Operations Business Partner will serve as a strategic, client-centric partner to Tegus leadership by providing best-in-class HR support for one of the following departments: Operations, Research, or Tech, ensuring the department’s approach to people processes is in alignment with the company’s strategic plan. You will be instrumental in helping our people managers achieve results by leveraging your passion for development & coaching, your knowledge of HR best practices, and your understanding of business priorities to maintain a performance-driven and engaging culture in a rapidly growing company. The People Operations Business Partner will help leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations and expert strategic and technical HR advice that improves performance, retention, and organizational effectiveness, becoming a trusted advisor to your department leads on all people matters.
- Embed yourself within your assigned department, understanding their priorities, challenges, and people needs in order to translate them into action from a People perspective that supports the business as it grows; serve as a trusted partner and advisor to the team’s senior leadership (e.g., Directors, VPs, and C-suite leaders).
- Partner with teams and managers to design and implement best-in-class solutions to meet strategic organizational objectives; analyze trends and produce strategic recommendations to the business to proactively address systemic issues.
- Advise and support managers in the performance management of their teams, including performance reviews, feedback and coaching, promotions, career development, and disciplinary action; provide guidance and input on various People & Culture matters including organizational design, hiring & succession planning, employee relations, legal compliance, policy interpretation, etc…
- Collaborate with the People Operations team to create, maintain, execute, and evaluate strategic People initiatives and programs in alignment with the local business objectives and the global business and People strategy, as well as local state/province/country requirements (legal/cultural).
- Collaborate with managers and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity in order to attract, engage, and retain A+ talent; partner with the Employee Relations team to investigate and resolve employee concerns promptly.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to support strategic hiring needs and plans; use deep understanding of the business strategy to identify the skills and capabilities required for the future and build a plan to hire, develop and retain the talent needed to deliver the business strategy.
- Identify training needs for business units, and partner with key stakeholders across the organization to design and implement new training programs to meet business needs.
- Provide guidance on continuous improvement of People Ops solutions, programs and policies.
- Strong business acumen—demonstrated ability to learn business objectives quickly and influence talent and org decisions that impact business outcomes.
- Experience building an annual org strategy and talent plan that sets clear talent priorities and actions that result in highly engaged people in the best possible roles, doing the best work of their lives.
- Experience framing organizational design options that accelerate speed and reduce friction in getting work accomplished; strong analytical skills with the ability to take direct ownership of interpreting data and using data to influence decision making.
- Experience diagnosing and building leadership team capabilities, at senior levels, with courage and candor.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in HR Business Partner roles at both pre-public and publicly-traded organizations, with practical experience in a high-growth, international corporate environment, preferably in a technology or other high-growth start-up environment.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational design, employee relations, diversity, talent & performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws; Master’s Degree or MBA-HR and/or SHRM/PHR certification preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans.
- 401K plan with an employer match.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- Work from our state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, gender neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.