Director of Engineering
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
To support Tegus’s growth, we are looking to add a Director of Engineering that can lead our Content & Experts group. This role will partner closely with product and design, but also with various business leaders across the company. This group’s charter is to develop a world-class platform enabling our customers to seamlessly identify, qualify and connect with experts, creating the most dominant content library for investment research. The right leader will provide unique, diverse perspectives to not only support their own team, but all of engineering, product and design at Tegus.
- Lead several full-stack engineering teams in a startup with a fast-paced, Agile environment to support our rapidly evolving business.
- Hire and grow a team of top tier engineers and engineering leaders.
- Partner with product & design to support the department's objectives, including aligning on priorities and goals, organizing your teams to support those priorities and ultimately delivering business results.
- Ensure consistent, timely delivery of high quality software. Tegus values technical leaders that are able to guide architectural and technical decisions, as well as getting hands-on as needed.
- Coach and invest in each person on your team to help them achieve their career goals and to make Tegus's engineering team stronger.
- Contribute to the broader engineering teams practices and culture. As an early stage company, Tegus needs engineering leaders that will help to define and shape our team.
- You have led engineering teams with multiple sub-teams and at least 10-15 people total.
- You are a strong software engineer. Even if you aren’t coding regularly, you are able to provide technical thought leadership and code review feedback.
- You have worked in a fast-paced, startup environment using Agile development methodologies.
- You are a great communicator that can partner well with your customers, stakeholders, and your team to keep everyone aligned and motivated.
- You are forward-thinking and able to analyze and anticipate project, technology and team solutions to ensure successful project delivery.
- You have a team-first mentality and you work collaboratively with different stakeholders to set the technical direction for our products, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers.
- You have deep empathy for users and use it to help build products customers love.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a dynamic company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-friendly - work wherever you're most productive. (Note: this position is not currently open to Colorado residents).
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, plus a 401k match.
- Generous paid parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation and flexible work hours.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving growth-stage company and make a big impact on our business.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The option to work from a state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, gender neutral bathrooms and full amenity floor.
- Upon returning to the office, we also offer commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
And for candidates in Chicago:
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.