Senior DevOps Engineer
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
Tegus is growing fast, both in the number of people using the platform, and the number of engineers building it. It’s an exciting time, and we’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to build out the cloud infrastructure and tooling that will enable us to expand the platform safely, securely, and reliably. You’ll hit the ground running, immediately tackling some needed enhancements, while also helping us plan out our longer-term security, scaling, and resiliency standards and practices. Looking for a high-impact role in a great company? Tegus is the place for you.
- Build out new infrastructure. Expand Tegus’s infrastructure in AWS to keep pace with and anticipate Tegus’s quickly expanding user base and engineering team.
- Automate and simplify all the things. Is there a thing that has to be done over and over again to keep the platform running? Write a tool to automate it! Is there a process that’s complicated and error-prone? Write a tool to simplify it!
- Keep Tegus’s infrastructure secure and compliant. Build out tools and policies that ensure that your fellow engineers have easy access to everything they need to make their part of the platform great, without having access to the things that they don’t.
- Find the best tool for the job. Research, recommend, and implement new infrastructure and tools to enable new product features.
- Measure wisely, alert actionably. Implement high-quality monitoring and actionable alerting to ensure that the Tegus platform is operating at the high level that our users expect.
- Experience building out and maintaining infrastructure in AWS using infrastructure-as-code tools, especially Terraform.
- Experience with building and maintaining continuous integration and continuous delivery solutions (we use GitLab).
- Experience with building and maintaining Docker images.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-friendly - work wherever you're most productive (Note: this position is not currently open to Colorado residents).
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, plus long-term disability and 401k match.
- Generous parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation and flexible work hours.
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving growth-stage company and make a big impact on our business.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The option to work from a state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, gender neutral bathrooms and full amenity floor.
- Upon returning to the office, we also offer commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
And for candidates in Chicago:
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.