Director, Learning and Development
Chicago, IL /
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions.
The first-ever Head of Learning and Development will lead learning and development initiatives across our rapidly growing organization. This role will develop and implement strategies and programs to engage, develop and retain our talented employee base. Programs will build organizational capacity and capability while strengthening individual and team skills and competencies. Learning and development opportunities created will reinforce our performance-based culture and foster an inclusive environment that allows our employees to grow their careers at Tegus.
- Partner with colleagues to truly understand training and development needs across the organization and prioritize efforts
- Partner with Head of People to build short and long-term learning and development strategy and programs that promote Tegus’s overall strategy
- Recommend, develop and implement customized learning strategies to meet near and long-term capability/skill requirements for employees
- Continuously assess Tegus’s learning and development needs across all levels and teams
- Ensure the employee onboarding experience includes required and optimal learning content and continuously iterate and improve on it
- Create and monitor relevant metrics that will help us measure the impact of our programs and offerings
- Leverage technology to enable our learning programs to maximize impact
- Work with People Team colleagues to coordinate Performance Management and Talent Management with Learning and Development opportunities for all employees
- Evangelize a culture of continual learning and development at Tegus
- Meaningful experience with and success in building out a learning and development function from the ground up, ideally within a high growth company
- Experience building an array of development programs and facilitating training sessions for managers and individual contributors
- Deep knowledge of effective learning and development methods and trends that are proven to improve adult learning
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to foster long-term relationships across all levels of the organization
- Bias towards action and willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done - thrive on making things happen
- Comfortable operating in a quickly changing environment
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, plus a 401k match.
- Generous paid parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving growth-stage company and make a big impact on our business.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation, and more.
- Upon returning to the office, we also offer commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.