Senior DevOps Engineer
Chicago, IL /
Engineering – Engineering /
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
Tegus is growing fast, both in the number of people using the platform, and the number of engineers building it. Through hiring and acquisitions, our engineering department doubled in size last year to more than 90 engineers. We went from running 2 production "macroservices" to running 20+, with more on the way. Many of these services are running on a robust Kubernetes platform that we recently built. This is an exciting time to work on the Platform Team at Tegus as we work to add features and automation to the platform so that the whole engineering team can move fast and NOT break things!
- Build out new infrastructure. Expand Tegus’s infrastructure in AWS to keep pace with and anticipate Tegus’s quickly expanding user base and engineering team.
- Automate and simplify all the things. Is there a thing that has to be done over and over again to keep the platform running? Write a tool to automate it! Is there a process that’s complicated and error-prone? Write a tool to simplify it!
- Keep Tegus’s infrastructure secure and compliant. Build out tools and policies that ensure that your fellow engineers have easy access to everything they need to make their part of the platform great, without having access to the things that they don’t.
- Find the best tool for the job. Research, recommend, and implement new infrastructure and tools to enable new product features.
- Measure wisely, alert actionably. Implement high-quality monitoring and actionable alerting to ensure that the Tegus platform is operating at the high level that our users expect.
- Teach, mentor, and collaborate. Develop training materials and presentations. Pair with engineers to teach them how to use the platform to observe and alert on what they know is important. Collaborate with other teams on questions they have and problems that they find. Help us continue to connect the Dev and Ops in DevOps!
- Experience maintaining and operating Kubernetes clusters and workloads (we use AWS EKS).
- Experience developing Kubernetes-config-as-code (we use Helm and Helmfile).
- Experience building out and maintaining infrastructure in AWS using infrastructure-as-code tools (we use Terraform).
- Experience building and maintaining continuous integration and continuous delivery solutions (we use GitLab CI).
- Experience building and maintaining Docker images.
- Proficiency in a high-level programming language (we use Python, Ruby and TypeScript).
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans.
- 401K plan with an employer match.
- Parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- Work from our state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, nursing parent neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.