Lead Software Engineer
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
Tegus is a maturing startup business that is growing at a fast pace. To support that growth, we need a strong lead engineer that can manage a small team of engineers to ensure successful delivery of product initiatives. As a lead, you will be very hands on designing and coding but also mentoring and guiding engineers on your team. You must also partner closely with product, design and other business units to meet business objectives.
- As a technical leader, you’ll manage a team of 2-4 and drive your team’s execution and delivery.
- You will work directly with multiple stakeholders in our product and design as well as other engineering leads and managers to ensure we’re building solutions that solve business problems the right way. We believe that companies that throw solutions over the wall to engineers are wasting half of their abilities.
- You will build robust, well-designed and effective software that solves complex problems, including testing, reviewing and deploying code quickly. We TDD most changes, so we don’t slow ourselves down with excessive release processes or meetings. We deploy over 5 times per day and manage major releases with feature flags rather than coordinated deployments.
- You will research, learn and share new techniques for solving complex engineering problems. We’re a highly collaborative team and we push each other to find better solutions every day.
- You will write tools and evolve best practices for the engineering team to improve the team. From GraphQL-to-Typescript compilers to fully automated deployments, we take the time to invest heavily in our own productivity.
- You will own projects end-to-end. On a given day you might be building a system to measure search engine performance, reworking an integration with a telephony provider, or designing a UI component library.
- Experience managing a small team of engineers, with a passion for developing and growing people as they progress on their career journey.
- Experience as a generalist/full-stack engineer working on both the frontend and backend to solve complex engineering problems to delight users and drive business results.
- Team-first mentality and you work collaboratively with different stakeholders to set the technical direction for our products, developing easy-to-use solutions for our customers.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Vue or Typescript is a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and software testing.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-friendly - work wherever you're most productive (Note: this position is not currently open to Colorado residents).
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, plus a 401k match.
- Generous paid parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation and flexible work hours.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving growth-stage company and make a big impact on our business.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The option to work from a state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, gender neutral bathrooms and full amenity floor.
- Upon returning to the office, we also offer commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
And for candidates in Chicago:
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.