Manager, Contract Administration and Legal Operations
Chicago, IL /
Legal – Legal /
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions.
Tegus is looking for an experienced and pragmatic legal professional to join its rapidly growing Legal & Compliance Team. As Manager, Contract Administration and Legal Operations, you will partner directly with the VP of Legal and Deputy General Counsel to build, oversee, and maintain the company’s contract management program and operational legal processes. Specifically, you will operate as a strategic, cross-functional partner of our various business units to, among other things, optimize the commercial contracting process, implement and uphold the company’s records management policies, and respond to routine legal correspondence.
- Scale the contract management system and streamline collaboration between Legal and Sales to improve efficiencies and accelerate the sales process.
- Serve as the primary legal point of contact for the Sales Team.
- Assist with drafting and implementing robust and clear terms of service, privacy notices, legal disclosures and disclaimers, and product policies and disclosures; implement related processes.
- Assist in managing outside counsel spend.
- Work with the VP of Legal and Deputy General Counsel on special projects as they arise from time to time.
- 5+ years of combined experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department as a contract manager/specialist, paralegal, and/or legal operations manager/specialist.
- Experience with financial services, fintech, or securities is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build productive cross-functional relationships.
- Persistence, drive and a goal-focused mindset as you own projects from initiation to completion.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Coachable, with a willingness to learn and improve.
Compensation & Benefits
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans.
- 401K plan with an employer match.
- Parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- Work from our state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, nursing parent neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.