Robotics Engineer, Embedded Firmware
Palo Alto, CA /
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $12 Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact-driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, and AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the software directly interfacing with the machines. The most successful individuals in this role will have extensive experience developing safety critical code on embedded micro controllers. Additionally, this individual should feel comfortable bridging electrical engineering matters with control theory.
At times, this role will require traveling to customers’ sites to develop and validate firmware/vehicle models
- Bachelors in computer Science or Electrical engineering or relevant degree with 3+ years of experience developing low level embedded software C/C++ on microcontrollers
- Experience with protocols such as CAN, I2C, Ethernet, SPI, PWM
- Proficient at C or C++ programming
Preferred Qualifications/Bonus Points
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5+ years of hands-on experience developing, qualifying and deploying safety critical embedded systems for automotive or space or similar applications using specific RTOS
- Proven experience in controls algorithms (system ID, vehicle dynamics models…) and their implementation on embedded systems
- Experience with schematic capture and board layout capture (Kicad, Cadence, Altium...)Experience developing software following safety robotics standard ISO13849, RIA, IEC 61508 or related standards (ISO 26262…) FCC, UL, CE, OSHA, RIA, TUV, etc.)
- Proven experience in managing independently (as a individual contributor and/or technical lead) the development and qualification of an electronics product (manufacturing test codes and hardware in the loop qualification in particular)
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.