Electrical Engineering Internship/Co-op
Palo Alto, CA /
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $12 Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact-driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, and AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
About the Role
As an Electrical Engineering Intern / Co-Op, you will be involved in the development and deployment of novel instances of the Teleo hardware kit.
In this role, you will be integrating new hardware designs (in 2D and 3D design tools) and evolving existing designs alongside Electrical and Mechanical Engineers and technicians.
More specifically you may be involved with harness design, schematic capture, logic optimization, board/hardware bring-up, and technical documentation.
Finally, you may participate in hardware assembly and field engineering work. Personal protective equipment and training will be provided by Teleo where appropriate.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar) in progress
- Strong interest in learning and applying cross-domain knowledge
- Desire to learn the electrical engineering toolkit (circuit simulator, schematic tools, multimeter, oscilloscope, signal generator)
- Experience interpreting and editing schematics (Altium, KiCAD)
- Experience in board layout and hardware bring-up
- History of contributing to projects in C/C++/Rust/Python ideally using software development tools (such as GitHub)
- Experience working with embedded microcontrollers
- Experience with protocols/interfaces such as I2C, CAN, PWM, SPI
- Experience with Linux (bash, Python, git) command-line scripting and revision control
- Interest in developing hardware in the loop tests and automation for manufacturing
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.