Senior Robotics Technician
Palo Alto, CA /
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $12 Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact-driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, and AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
- Hands-on experience in electronics labs
- Ability to read and create electrical diagrams
- Experienced using various calibrated hand tools such as crimpers, automated cable stripping machines, torque wrenches, and fine-pitch soldering techniques
- Knowledge of how to use lab equipment such as multimeters, testers, oscilloscopes, soldering irons, etc
- Ability to do simple PCBA rework, soldering/de-soldering electronics components
- Perform assembly of hardware according to engineering drawings
- Ability to use hand and power tools including workshop equipment such as drill press, band saws, etc
- Help develop assembly, test procedures, SOP's
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems and provide suggested improvements
- Identify improvements to build/maintenance action procedures to avoid any breakdowns or failures
- Detailed-oriented, self-starter and punctual, you maintain a positive and strong work ethic
- Be authorized to work
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area
- Must be fluent in English (Read + Spoken)
Preferred Qualifications / Bonus Points
- Training certificates or degrees from an employer, trade school, or college
- Experience with metal fabrication including MIG & TIG welding
- Familiarity with Linux, flashing µC, and hardware in the loop testing
- Proven ability to use CAD (Solidworks, Catia, Onshape, etc.)
- Ability to write scripts (shell and/or python)
- Familiarity with IPC-WHMA-A-610 or 620 and IPC J-STD-001
- Previous experience interacting directly with customers while maintaining professionalism at all times
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The majority of the work will be performed indoors in a hybrid space (office space + electronics/garage lab space).
Performance of the position requires working safely and may occasionally require climbing up to elevated surfaces, working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, noise levels, and on a range of outdoor work surfaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus in addition, the position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing. You may be required to occasionally stand for extended periods, operate tools and controls, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs.
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.