Robotics Engineer, Controls
Palo Alto, CA /
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $XX Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
About the Role
As a Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for developing advanced dynamic and kinematic models of construction equipment. You will also be in charge of implementing and deploying controls architecture including reference trajectory generation & tracking.
You will be regularly interfacing with the hardware engineering as well as the autonomy team.
The ideal candidate will have experience implementing and deploying similar controls on embedded platforms for safety-critical applications.
You may expect to periodically travel to customers' sites and test facilities to perform end-to-end validation tests.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or robotics or similar degree with a specialization in Controls Theory with 2 years of experience
- Proven experience developing advanced vehicle dynamics models, systems stability analysis, and controller design
- Strong experience developing in Python and preferably in C++
Preferred Qualifications/Bonus Points
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics with 4+ years of experience developing and deploying control algorithms on embedded platforms on autonomous vehicles
- Strong experience implementing controllers on embedded microcontrollers in an RTOS environment
- Experience developing Guidance and Navigation algorithms (Kalman Filters…)
- Experience developing UDRF models and performing simulation on Gazebo (or similar platforms)
- Knowledge of Functional Safety standards (IEC 61508 or similar)Startup experience (hands-on + creative thinker with a Get It Done attitude)
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date.