Atlanta, GA /
Operations – IT /
Teleport is a pioneer in environment-free computing. It enables engineers to quickly access any computing resource anywhere on the planet. Our open source products provide a Unified Access Plane for developers and security professionals seeking to simplify secure access to servers, applications, and data across all environments. Teleport is a rapidly growing Y-Combinator company well-funded by additional top-tier investors. We value our craft, a work-life balance, and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
Teleport is looking for a remote IT Technician who is excited to join a small team of experienced IT engineers based in Oakland California.
This is a 100% remote role responsible for both laptop hardware support and assisting with virtual employee help desk requests on Slack and Zoom. This position supports the EU and EST time zones and preferably works the hours of 7am-3pm EST.
If building an emoji powered helpdesk that has clever automations and nerd humor gifs sounds fun you're probably a good candidate for the role. We're building a modern IT department that eschews transitional manual and ticket driven work by embracing automation and infrastructure as code. Philosophically our approach builds to Google Beyond Corp practices. Information security is critical to our company, expect to learn and develop industry leading security best practices with us.
This is a great opportunity for growth for candidates with strong tech acumen who want to develop their technical skills to work toward an IT Administrator role.
An engineering or technical degree is not required but in lieu of we would like to see several years of work experience demonstrating some of the following responsibilities and have worked with some of the listed technologies. Experience in every area is not required, we expect many to be learned on the job.
IT Helpdesk Support
- Answer employee questions, preform requests and troubleshoot technical issues
- Maintain wiki and knowledge base pages
- Help with Multi-Factor enrollment and password resets.
- Handle Laptop Procurement, Shipping, Receiving, Logistics
- Coordinate with Apple and Lenovo warranty and repair teams
- Boot laptops into recovery mode, run diagnostics, format disks and install OS
- Use a Mac Device Management platform like Jamf, Fleetsmith, SimpleMDM
- Use Okta Single Sign On Directory
- Update Role Based Access control rules in Github using Terraform
Quality Assurance and Testing
- Help engineers perform test plans and validate deployments
- Triage system alerts, follow diagnostic and escalation procedures
- Use scripting or visual programing tools like Zapier to automate processes
- Apple Mac
- Ubuntu Linux
- Slack Workflows, API and administration
- Zapier Automation
- Okta SSO Directory
- Google Workspace
- Python Scripting
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.