Design – User Experience & Design /
Teleport is a pioneer in environment-free computing. It enables engineers to quickly access any computing resource anywhere on the planet. Our open source products provide a Unified Access Plane for developers and security professionals seeking to simplify secure access to servers, applications, and data across all environments. Teleport is a rapidly growing Y-Combinator company well-funded by additional top-tier investors. We value our craft, a work-life balance, and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
You will be joining the User Experience & Design team at Teleport to creating amazing user interfaces for our core Teleport product. You’ll be collaborating directly with our engineering team to help them implement designs for new products and features.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating high fidelity prototypes for new products and features.
- Creating wireframes for exploring design ideas rapidly in the iteration phase
- Working with developers to implement pixel perfect designs
- Creating a design system that allows developers to reuse design components following guidelines and rules that you and the UX team create.
- User testing designs to validate their effectiveness
- Solve scalability issues involving data with elegant user interfaces
- Help build the brand for the product and company
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- We have an awesome and very collaborative design team that loves helping each other and brainstorming new ideas
- Our work is highly visible and directly impacts our users, product, revenue and brand
- We work with every team in the company and maintain the visual language at Teleport
- We actively commit code to the Teleport repositories and work with our product and engineering teams.
- We’re part of a small and fast growing company and our impact is tremendous.
Here are some of the example projects you may be working on:
- Creating new designs for upcoming product and feature releases
- Creating a well documented product design system/language that can be used by engineering
- Identify pain points in the application and create new designs to improve/fix those pain points
- Work on company branding and design with the UX and design team
What you’ll bring:
- Experience design desktop products (not just mobile)
- Understanding of responsive design for supporting multiple screen sizes
- Understanding of user experience, usability testing, and interaction design.
- Experience creating interfaces with large amounts of data
- A great attitude and ability to work well with others
- Good communication skills
- Strong design background and online portfolio
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.