Senior Fullstack Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Teleport is an open core remote-first company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. Our mission is to empower engineers to securely access any computing resource anywhere in the world.
Modern computing environments are growing bigger and more complex. This complexity increases the attack surface area and slows developers down. Our Access Plane technology empowers engineers and security professionals to easily access servers, Kubernetes, databases and web applications across all environments.
Backed by Y-Combinator, S28 Capital, and Kleiner Perkins, we have raised over $60MM and are growing quickly. Our customers include leading technology companies such as Nasdaq, Snowflake Square, Gitlab, IBM, and others.
Our commitment to the world is to combine an amazing developer experience with best-in-class security in everything we make. We value solving hard problems for our customers and making our lives interesting while doing it.
You will be joining engineering team of Teleport, distributed networking and security
system supporting SSH and Kubernetes.
Nasdaq, SumoLogic and Samsung Electronics trust Teleport to secure access to their infrastructure.
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- The range of problem solving includes networking, performance, security and integrations with existing systems.
- Build and test cycles are measured in seconds, integration tests are running in minutes.
- Most of the code you will write will be open source.
- Our products are loved by their users, you’ll get to talk to some of them on Slack.
- We practice thorough code reviews and have an open design process.
Here are some of the example projects you may be working on:
- Adding BPF event player to Audit Log.
- Adding more fine grained control for the UI. e.g. Provide ability to perform RBAC on SCP. (down- vs. upload) in UI. #2981
- Improving Node Search. #2699
- Ability to comment / link to specific times in recorded sessions. #996
- Making RBAC Setup easier / simulate roles.
- CTA for Community Edition. #2506
- Supporting AAP & K8s improvements.
- Approval Workflow inside UI.
- Extra workflow / setup for users adding multiple OTP/U2F.
Once you apply
- We will send you a 30 minute programming quiz
- We will invite you to a 30 minute Zoom call and walk through the compensation and hiring process.
- You will join our slack channel and submit a test coding challenge in Golang or Rust on the backend and Typescript on the frontend using Github
Joining a startup, you should be comfortable changing the area of focus and working directly with customers.
We offer competitive compensation, equity, and benefits, platinum-level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.