Senior Sales Engineer APAC
Sales – Presales and Customer Success Engineering /
Teleport allows engineers and security professionals to unify access for SSH servers, Kubernetes clusters, web applications, and databases across all environments. We are a rapidly growing Y-Combinator company well-funded by additional top-tier investors.
We help engineers securely deploy and access their applications anywhere on this planet by erasing security and deployment boundaries between networks and cloud providers.
Our total addressable market is large and quickly expanding - any company that manages and operates server fleets, applications across cloud providers or deploys to internal data centers (i.e., almost all successful companies).
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will help the sales team drive revenue growth by evangelizing our technology via demos and technical discussions. Senior Sales Engineers will work with you and provide a structured environment to grow your skills. You will get to collaborate with infrastructure engineering and security teams at the most sophisticated technology companies in the world. Most importantly, you will help these companies solve problems and get exposed to the latest ideas in technology.
We are looking for a customer-facing Senior Sales Engineer who has experience working with open source technology and familiarity with traditional infrastructure networking and security and modern cloud-native technologies (Linux, Docker).
We need someone who:
- Is ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. We are looking for people that are energized by technology and will work closely with our sales reps and founders to solve business challenges.
- Works well with Senior Sales Engineers on delivering demonstrations and engaging with customers through their evaluation of Teleport.
- Is a self-starter with a track record of success in their professional or personal life.
- Demonstrates a high level of empathy, resilience, and humility.
- Doesn’t mind helping across various go-to-market activities, including marketing collateral, product positioning, customer interviews, sales cycle optimizations, traveling to conferences, brand evangelism, attending meetups, etc.
- 2+ years software engineer and/or sales engineer management experience at SAAS, Open Source or Enterprise Software company.
- Experience with using and configuring Linux machines
- Strong listening and storytelling skills.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with the Zero Trust Security Model.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.