Business Development Representative - UK
Sales – Sales Development /
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely nf outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company's global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We're also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including "Inc. 5000 America's Fastest Growing Private Company", "2022 Certified Great Place to Work" and Comparably's 2022 "Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation" award.
Our company is growing and we are expanding our BDR team. At Teleport we are part of the wave of companies growing with the increasing demand for security and compliance as companies have to expand their computing needs and adopt Cloud, Kubernetes and other modern technologies.
We have a large Total Addressable Market — anyone that manages and operates server fleets, applications across cloud providers or deploys to internal data centers (i.e., almost all successful companies). As a BDR, you will drive pipeline by identifying, engaging and qualifying leads that are looking for help to solve these problems. You will also prospect into a list of strategic accounts. You will be asked to think creatively about finding potential leads, as well as leverage traditional lead generation techniques in order to build the top of the sales funnel and transition leads to our account reps. growth in the last decade, have fun, and use this experience to springboard you into your next role, this may be the right opportunity.
We need someone who:
- Is a self-starter with a track record of success in their professional or personal life.
- Is ready to roll up their sleeves. We need people that are ready to hustle, work with sales reps and the founders to develop lead sources and learn to sell our products.
- Doesn’t mind helping out across various go-to-market activities, including marketing collateral, product positioning, customer interviews, sales cycle optimizations, traveling to conferences, brand evangelism, attending meetups, etc. when needed.
What we expect you to do:
- Learn and explain technical products and concepts.
- Do cold outreach to new prospects.
- Investigate customer problems and challenges and identify leads that should go to Account Executives.
- Experiment with different sales channels and be able to leverage the most effective ones.
- Establish best practices and efficient processes.
- Work closely with Account Executives to refine call and messaging strategies.
- Identify trends from prospective customers to share with the product, marketing, and customer success teams.
- Track all sales activity in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of sales qualified leads.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.