Head of Marketing
United States /
Marketing – Marketing /
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely on outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company's global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We're also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including "Inc. 5000 America's Fastest Growing Private Company", "2022 Certified Great Place to Work" and Comparably's 2022 "Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation" award.
The mission of the CMO at Teleport is to build an efficient world-class marketing organization capable of positioning Teleport as a market leader in Cloud Infrastructure Security. Focus on generating demand through product marketing, community evangelism, and core messaging growing revenue to $100MM ARR.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide complete marketing leadership to Teleport, including marketing strategy, positioning and messaging, demand generation, technical marketing and all other aspects of the marketing mix.
- Build and lead an efficient demand generation machine. Focus on a disciplined, metrics-driven approach to demand generation with robust revenue attribution.
- Measure what matters: define and maintain core KPIs and dashboards without introducing unreasonable overhead.
- Define, refine and continuously re-evaluate the ideal customer profile.
- Present the company’s vision and value proposition to multiple constituencies, including deeply technical ones.
- Position Teleport as the thought leader in the industry. Define and create positioning around the differentiation of Teleport technology.
- Ensure that the sales team has everything it needs in terms of sales tools and collateral. Participate in sales calls when necessary.
- Build a world class team. Attract and develop top talent, motivate people to perform at their best, provide effective and timely feedback, and foster a team culture based on the Teleport Behaviors.
- Be a productive member of the senior executive team that lives Teleport Behaviors. This includes adding value to every topic discussed by the SLT, particularly on marketing-related topics such as pricing or ROI calculation.
What you'll bring:
- Experience building and leading Marketing teams in developer tooling or cybersecurity companies within the $25-100MM ARR range.
- Experience with the GTM motion of enterprise sales on the back of bottom-up PLG motion. Experience with open core software and developer evangelism is a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing trends, technologies and jargon. Comfortable to spend an hour with a customer CTO in a room. Technical background and Product Marketing background is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills synthesizing competitive trends, market data, and customer insights into action plans.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.