Director of Sales Development
Austin, TX /
Marketing – Marketing /
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely nf outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company's global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We're also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including "Inc. 5000 America's Fastest Growing Private Company", "2022 Certified Great Place to Work" and Comparably's 2022 "Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation" award.
We are looking for a Director of Sales Development. This role reports to the VP of Growth & GTM. In this role, you will be responsible for building and scaling up our sales development (SDR) and business development (BDR) functions where you will hire, develop, train, mentor, coach, and motivate a high performance team.
We need someone who:
- Has a proven track record as an Sales/Business Development leader in a comparable space - B2B software sales
- Proven success in driving pipeline generation through inbound and outbound prospecting strategies
- Has had prior team leadership experience leading highly functional SDR or BDR teams in the past
- Ready to roll up their sleeves and be scrappy - we hire people who are ready to hustle, work with everyone, and get the job done
- Bonus - Has a technical understanding and experience selling products and interacting with Ops, SRE / DevOps, and security professionals - our champions are Engineering, IT and DevSecOps professionals
What we expect from you:
- Lead the process of opening an office where a majority of our SDR and BDR teammates will work
- Work with sales and marketing to define and refine process and strategy to improve the effectiveness of the function
- Work with individual Sales Executives and sales management to keep abreast of their perceptions and needs
- Identify, hire, and mentor top talent
- Motivate and empower the team to be successful in a distributed remote environment
- Regularly report on key individual and team metrics to identify strengths and areas for improvement
We also offer equity compensation and a comprehensive list of benefits below:
401(k) Retirement Plan with matching employer contributions
Paid Time Off: 4 weeks
Sick Leave: 10 days
Paid leave: 12 weeks
Paid Holidays: 11 days
Medical, dental, vision, Long Term disability, and life insurance - PPO, HMO, FSA, EPO plans provided
Flexible expense benefit: $4.8k annual expense benefit for work related expenses
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.