Backend Software Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Teleport is a pioneer in environment-free computing. It enables engineers to quickly access any computing resource anywhere on the planet. Our open source products provide a Unified Access Plane for developers and security professionals seeking to simplify secure access to servers, applications, and data across all environments. Teleport is a rapidly growing Y-Combinator company well-funded by additional top-tier investors. We value our craft, a work-life balance, and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
You will be joining engineering team of Teleport, unified access plane for SSH, Kubernetes and Database infrastructure.
Nasdaq, SumoLogic and Samsung Electronics trust Teleport to secure access to their infrastructure.
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- The range of problem solving includes networking, performance, security and integrations with existing systems.
- Build and test cycles are measured in seconds, integration tests are running in minutes.
- Most of the code you will write will be open source.
- Our products are loved by their users, you’ll get to talk to some of them on Slack.
- We practice thorough code reviews and have an open design process.
Here are the projects you may be working on:
What to expect once you apply:
- We will send you a 20-30 minute programming quiz
- You will join 30 minute intro call and we will walk you through the compensation, interview process and requirements
- You join a slack channel and submit a coding challenge in Golang or Rust using Github
- Golang or Rust experience
- Linux systems engineering
- Cryptography engineering experience is a plus
Joining a startup, you should be comfortable changing the area of focus and working directly with customers.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.