Senior Backend Software Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Based Infrastructure Access Management. That means we are the easiest, most secure way to access all an organization’s infrastructure resources. While other companies are adding complexity, we are eliminating it by consolidating, in a single platform, the four essential infrastructure access capabilities every security-conscious organization needs: connectivity, authentication, authorization and audit. Our unique approach is not only more secure but also improves developer productivity.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture.
We're also proud of our distinction as a “Great Place to Work for 2021” and our “Best Company for Perks & Benefits and Work-Life Balance” awards.
You will be joining engineering team of Teleport, unified access plane for SSH, Kubernetes and Database infrastructure.
Nasdaq, SumoLogic and Samsung Electronics trust Teleport to secure access to their infrastructure.
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- The range of problem solving includes networking, performance, security and integrations with existing systems.
- Build and test cycles are measured in seconds, integration tests are running in minutes.
- Most of the code you will write will be open source.
- Our products are loved by their users, you’ll get to talk to some of them on Slack.
- We practice thorough code reviews and have an open design process.
Here are the projects you may be working on:
What to expect once you apply:
- We will send you a 20-30 minute programming quiz
- You will join 30 minute intro call and we will walk you through the compensation, interview process and requirements
- You join a slack channel and submit a coding challenge in Golang or Rust using Github
- Golang or Rust experience
- Linux systems engineering
- Cryptography engineering experience is a plus
Joining a startup, you should be comfortable changing the area of focus and working directly with customers.
We offer competitive compensation, equity, and benefits, platinum-level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.