Sales and Marketing Operations Manager
United States /
Sales – Sales /
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely on outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company's global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We're also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including "Inc. 5000 America's Fastest Growing Private Company", "2022 Certified Great Place to Work" and Comparably's 2022 "Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation" award.
Teleport is looking for a Sales and Marketing Operations Manager to join our team. This role will manage the administration of both Salesforce and Marketo. Salesforce is the core tool for our sales motion, and it requires advanced understanding of how to modify Salesforce to optimize for a SaaS go to market motion. This role will oversee all integrations to Salesforce, as well as the functional organization of Salesforce. This person should also be adept at Marketo administration. Campaign management is a critical focus for our marketing team, and getting everything to align is critical to our success. This role will collaborate with partners and leaders from Marketing, Finance, and Engineering to ensure Salesforce and Marketo are solving the needs for all aspects of the business.
What you'll be doing:
- Recommend best practice solution designs based on client business needs
- Map business requirements to system/technical requirements
- Understand the technical depth of the project and provide functional and technical direction to the project team
- Run the complex projects that you solution (including the management of project timelines, deliverables, and resources during all project phases), from requirements gathering through go-live and project close out
- Engage in practice development initiatives and regularly provide thought leadership
What you'll bring:
- 5 years experience in Sales Operations or Revenue Operations in a high-tech company.
- Significant CRM experience with deep, hands-on experience with both Salesforce and Marketo Platforms.
- Experience identifying and documenting business process requirements, developing process flow analysis, data modeling, functional design experience, and creating project plans
- Project management experience in an agile development environment
- Demonstrable experience leading dynamic and highly effective teams
- Technical and business acumen
- Ability to challenge, innovate, lead, and drive projects to close
- Ability to lead both small and enterprise engagements, facilitate meetings, lead customer support projects, mentor teams of junior team members, and effectively manage client escalations
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Internally driven, able to multi-task, and interested in contributing to process improvement and team-member development
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and approach problems with a flexible mind-set
- Problem-solving skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.