Technical Account Manager
Sales – Professional Services /
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely on outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company's global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We're also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including "Inc. 5000 America's Fastest Growing Private Company", "2022 Certified Great Place to Work" and Comparably's 2022 "Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation" award.
As a member of the Teleport Professional Services Team, a Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for driving full adoption and expansion with key customers who are implementing, operating, and maintaining our software solutions (self-hosted and cloud-hosted) during the entire customer lifecycle. The goal of a TAM is to proactively drive these customers to achieve the maximum value from all Teleport products and solutions.
A TAM is a member of our Professional Services team, who is focused on driving maximum adoption, delivering new solutions, and providing account management for customers who have purchased our software product, Teleport. Teleport is a distributed networking and security system supporting SSH, Desktops, Kubernetes, Databases, and Applications. You will work directly with an assigned customer base throughout their Teleport journey to provide client relationship management, technical expertise, project management, issue resolution, and expansion discovery. You will collaborate with internal teams including Product, Sales, Engineering, and Support to deliver integrated solutions and drive customer satisfaction. As our company grows, and we launch new offerings, the requirements of this position may shift. You should be comfortable with change and have an interest in continually learning and advancing your skillset.
What you'll bring:
- 4+ years experience in customer-facing software onboarding, software services, solution architecting, or system administration roles
- Linux administration skills
- Hands-on experience with one of the major public cloud providers; AWS, GCP, Azure. Certifications are a plus!
- A strong understanding of Kubernetes and prior hands-on experience. Certification with CKA or CKAD is a plus!
- Demonstrable experience with the following security principles and technologies: SSH, PKI, 2FA, SSO (SAML, OIDC), RBAC
- Exceptional hands-on software troubleshooting, testing, and debugging skills with a tenacity to identify and resolve the technical issue that may arise
- Outstanding soft skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management experience and the ability to handle multiple clients simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain strong working relationships with key client stakeholders and expand relationships into other parts of the organization
- Document the customer's business goals and challenges to align Teleport to provide the most value possible
- Serve as a subject matter expert on existing and upcoming Teleport solutions for both customers and internal professional services engineers staying up to date on the latest solutions
- Provide technical guidance and support to assigned clients, supplementing our traditional support offering
- Provocatively steer around technical issues and serve as a central point of contact during any critical technical escalations both for the customer and internally in a timely manner
- Manage the implementation of Teleport solutions to monitor timelines and keep key stakeholders informed
- Work closely with Sales and Product to identify customer needs associated with tangible upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Collaborate with Sales and Product to provide valuable feedback for product improvement
- Support our broader Teleport customer base seeking new solutions and best practice recommendations
$215,000 - $240,000 a year
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role $215,000 for a level 3 and $240,000 for a level 4, which consists of a Base Salary plus a Target Commission. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.