Sales Executive - Grocery/Retail
BOSTON / Remote
Join a high-performing, tight-knit team at a fast-growing company that is using the Internet of Things (IOT) to transform how organizations sense, monitor, and make decisions. SmartSense’s wireless sensors, cloud-based platform, and analytics help organizations solve important challenges. Our products are pioneering digital food safety, remotely monitoring medications, and providing supply chain visibility. Our systems enable real-time sensor-driven decisions at over 2,000 organizations in 75 countries, including at Walmart, CVS Health, SpaceX, Apple, Coca Cola, McDonald’s, and the US Department of State.
We are seeking a motivated outside sales executive with a hunter’s mentality, who is able to drive new enterprise sales and represent the organization in a highly professional manner.
Candidates can be located anywhere in the US.
- Establish market leadership of Digi’s temperature monitoring, digital food safety, and transit solution in the retail and wholesale grocery industry
- Develop and qualify leads and build a robust sales pipeline through outbound prospecting, working with internal sales resources, leveraging personal network and attending industry events; inclusive of Mass Foods Association, Food Marketing Institute, National Grocers Alliance, to name a few
- Manage sales process, coordinate account meetings, coordinate and drive internal resources to support opportunities.
- Draft, negotiate, and finalize appropriate agreements to close sales.
- Develop and maintain executive customer relationships at assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute winning account strategies.
- Coordinate quarterly business reviews, sharing of best practices, testimonials and use cases among customers and prospects to drive business growth and retail network expansion.
- 6+ years of experience in technology solution sales, with 4+ years selling into the grocery/ specialty retail industries.
- Experience selling high ASP solutions to complex enterprises.
- Ability and personal presence to call high (Sr Director, VP, or C Suite) in customer organizations.
- Robust network in grocery retail industry; proficient at establishing consultative relationships in retail and wholesale environment.
- Excellent presentation and organization skills with a talent for customer interaction at all levels.
- Relentless follow through, positive attitude and detail focused.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinker.
- Ability to provide value-added and relevant industry content to web, blog, and other mediums in the context of ‘trusted advisor’ or industry expert.
- Highly collaborative, ability to provide leadership among internal support teams
- B.A. or B.S. required.
- Travel 50%