New York, New York
Who are we?
Tempest (formerly known as Hip Sobriety) is a female-founded, first-of-its-kind digital recovery platform that provides alcohol abuse treatment for the 46 million Americans who don’t identify as addicted. We are a modern alternative to current recovery options like AA, focused on putting people at the center of their own recovery through an approach that’s empathetic, empowering, and desirable.
Tempest serves a customer currently ignored by the wellness, healthcare and recovery industries; deliver them to sobriety; and keep them engaged in an evolutionary pursuit at a fraction of the cost of traditional treatment modalities. We position sobriety less as a singular goal and more as a holistic, aspirational lifestyle, and communicate this through our meticulously designed brand, through the thoughtfulness and joy built into our products, and through our commitment to culture-shifting via The Temper, our media presence.
Our current core product--an 8-week course that combines ed tech with an online support community--has been wildly successful. To date, over 4000 participants have been through the beta course with a Net Promoter Score of ~80. About half of our sobriety school participants convert into annual members and receive access to monthly Tempest content, a supportive online community, and the opportunity to attend in real life events.
Tempest offers staff:
- An open-minded, accepting, mostly hilarious culture that believes employee happiness comes first
- Unique holidays (and a lot of them)
- Great health insurance with One Medical benefits
- $150/month wellness reimbursement
- Work from home Thursdays
- Weekly team lunch and office snacks
- Family-friendly policies
- Pre-meeting meditation practice
- Weekly support for those in recovery
- Zero happy hours
- Endless Topo Chico
Tempest is looking for a full-time Support Specialist to be the founding member of our first ever dedicated customer service team. You’ll be instrumental in creating a caring and holistic experience for our community, and building the operational processes we need to deliver exceptional service.
We believe every moment is a recovery moment. Every interaction is an opportunity for students to be seen, heard and supported; this is a critical part of recovery and what we do best. Our ideal candidate will embody this belief.
- Deliver kind, exceptional customer service over the phone, email, and live chat.
- Master all of our technology— especially as we rapidly evolve— and support students in navigating and using it.
- Innovate the ways in which we can better support our community— whether through new platforms, processes, or channels.
- Educate potential customers and current students about our offerings and support them in selecting the resources and systems they need— even if it’s not with us.
- 1 - 3 years in a customer service role
- Highly proficient in navigating technology and multitasking
- Familiarity with CRM’s and service platforms (bonus if you’ve used Salesforce before)
You May Be A Good Fit If You
- Are excited and empowered by a mission-driven company, & a culture of building processes and experiences that positively impact the well-being of others.
- You are scrappy and can come up with inventive solutions to unexpected challenges. You’re not easily derailed by surprises and can be flexible as new tasks arise.
- You are eager to learn new technology and processes— an early adopter excited to experiment.
- You have composure. You’re able to engage in difficult conversations (over different channels: phone, email, etc.) with calm and poise. Of course, you’re human — we’re all emotional here! — but you have the emotional intelligence and depth of feeling to maintain boundaries, serve our community, and work with your peers effectively.
- You’re excited about the customer service field and its opportunities to support broader company goals.
Working hours will vary depending on business needs and will be communicated during the interview process. Currently, we’re available for our community Monday - Friday, 10am - 9pm ET, with some availability on the weekends.
This is a full-time role with a preference of NYC-based.
What we value and why you should join.
We’re a group of passionate and committed individuals determined not only to create a modern, feminist, inclusive, recovery modality but also to entirely upend the way our culture views alcohol—we are the anti-Rose All Day. We have a scrappy, get it done upstart ethos. We believe in showing up no matter what, honesty at all costs, persistence, straight-talking, and risk-taking. We’re not looking culture fits, we’re looking for individuals looking to build an entirely new culture. You should join if you want to make a difference in the world, and see this as the obvious way for you to do just that.