Email Marketing Manager
New York, New York
Who are we?
Tempest (formerly known as Hip Sobriety) is a female-founded, first-of-its-kind digital recovery platform that provides alcohol abuse treatment for the 46 million Americans who don’t identify as addicted. We are a modern alternative to current recovery options like AA, focused on putting people at the center of their own recovery through an approach that’s empathetic, empowering, and desirable.
Tempest serves a customer currently ignored by the wellness, healthcare and recovery industries; deliver them to sobriety; and keep them engaged in an evolutionary pursuit at a fraction of the cost of traditional treatment modalities. We position sobriety less as a singular goal and more as a holistic, aspirational lifestyle, and communicate this through our meticulously designed brand, through the thoughtfulness and joy built into our products, and through our commitment to culture-shifting via The Temper, our media presence.
Our current core product--an 8-week course that combines ed tech with an online support community--has been wildly successful. To date, over 4000 participants have been through the beta course with a Net Promoter Score of ~80. About half of our sobriety school participants convert into annual members and receive access to monthly Tempest content, a supportive online community, and the opportunity to attend in real life events.
Tempest offers staff:
- An open-minded, accepting, mostly hilarious culture that believes employee happiness comes first
- Unique holidays (and a lot of them)
- Great health insurance with One Medical benefits
- $150/month wellness reimbursement
- Work from home Thursdays
- Weekly team lunch and office snacks
- Family-friendly policies
- Pre-meeting meditation practice
- Weekly support for those in recovery
- Zero happy hours
- Endless Topo Chico
Email Marketing Manager
We are looking for an experienced email marketing professional to design, implement, and execute sophisticated email marketing programs. The ideal candidate is analytical, creative, and looks at marketing as a full-funnel experience, and is eager to join a fast-paced and dynamic start-up.
This person will be responsible for the planning and execution of email campaigns leveraging our CRM platform, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, to achieve customer engagement and acquisition goals through personalized, segmented journey’s.
- Manage email channel to meet or exceed annual goals of revenue and net customers, while optimizing email engagement.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for all things related to Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Drive roadmap and requirements for email marketing tools to deliver on transactional and promotional email campaigns.
- Liaise and act as Email Business contact with internal and external customers, including third party vendors.
- Collaborate with internal partners, including but not limited to Product, Customer Experience, Operations, Marketing, and Legal to tactically execute email initiatives to facilitate testing to ensure optimized performance of campaigns and communication.
- Help define and influence the long-term communication roadmap.
- Deliver regular email analytic reports and key findings with recommendations for improvement.
- Stay current with rapidly changing technologies and approaches in e-commerce and email.
- Conduct regular QA and usability testing of products.
- 4+years of email marketing and/or product email experience.2+years of experience with ExactTarget or Salesforce Marketing Cloud email Studio required.
- Strong AMPscript skills required and working understanding of HTML is helpfulA work style that exhibits a disciplined and organized approach to email communication and marketing.
- Strong technical and analytical mind and background. Ability to delve into technical and analytical conversations with our technology, data science and engineering teams.
- Hands-on leader that they can dive into performance measurements with teams to help optimize and find key insights into performance.
- Ability to partner is a must. Core to this is the effective communication of complex concepts and problems with analytical and technical teams in order to determine the best solution.
- Excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve set goals while complying with company business requirements and deadlines.
- Strong time management, attention to detail, creativity, flexibility, adaptability and the drive to achieve results.
What we value and why you should join.
We’re a group of passionate and committed individuals determined not only to create a modern, feminist, inclusive, recovery modality but also to entirely upend the way our culture views alcohol—we are the anti-Rose All Day. We have a scrappy, get it done upstart ethos. We believe in showing up no matter what, honesty at all costs, persistence, straight-talking, and risk-taking. We’re not looking culture fits, we’re looking for individuals looking to build an entirely new culture. You should join if you want to make a difference in the world, and see this as the obvious way for you to do just that.