New York, New York
Who are we?
Tempest (formerly known as Hip Sobriety) is a female-founded, first-of-its-kind digital recovery platform that provides alcohol abuse treatment for the 46 million Americans who don’t identify as addicted. We are a modern alternative to current recovery options like AA, focused on putting people at the center of their own recovery through an approach that’s empathetic, empowering, and desirable.
Tempest serves a customer currently ignored by the wellness, healthcare and recovery industries; deliver them to sobriety; and keep them engaged in an evolutionary pursuit at a fraction of the cost of traditional treatment modalities. We position sobriety less as a singular goal and more as a holistic, aspirational lifestyle, and communicate this through our meticulously designed brand, through the thoughtfulness and joy built into our products, and through our commitment to culture-shifting via The Temper, our media presence.
Our current core product--an 8-week course that combines ed tech with an online support community--has been wildly successful. To date, over 4000 participants have been through the beta course with a Net Promoter Score of ~80. About half of our sobriety school participants convert into annual members and receive access to monthly Tempest content, a supportive online community, and the opportunity to attend in real life events.
Tempest offers staff:
- An open-minded, accepting, mostly hilarious culture that believes employee happiness comes first
- Unique holidays (and a lot of them)
- Great health insurance with One Medical benefits
- $150/month wellness reimbursement
- Work from home Thursdays
- Weekly team lunch and office snacks
- Family-friendly policies
- Pre-meeting meditation practice
- Weekly support for those in recovery
- Zero happy hours
- Endless Topo Chico
We’re looking for a content strategist to oversee our marketing content strategy and create a cohesive customer experience that bridges our product and marketing. You will oversee and execute on an iterative and rapid content production process that allows us to develop relevant content to engage our audience and drive top-of-funnel conversion.
You will work closely with teams across the organization to understand our business goals, identify the value we bring to customers and prospects, and produce engaging content for people across all channels (e.g., social, email, website, live events, webinars). You will also partner in conducting content audits of existing assets and manage gap analyses to identify high-value content opportunities.
You will be in charge of creating and maintaining editorial calendars, style guides, taxonomies, metadata frameworks, and content migration plans. You will also be responsible for managing video and graphic production contractors and freelancers.
This is a full-time role based out of our New York headquarters.
This is a cross-functional role that will be a part of the product team but dedicated to the marketing team. Our product team at Tempest isn’t your standard design-product-eng setup. Because of our tech-enabled product, you will be working with team members from operations, design, curriculum development, and marketing to understand their content needs. Your role will be to deliver content to meet the diverse requirements of a wide range of stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of cross-functional collaboration, agile production processes, and interactive and engaging video and multimedia content.
- Create compelling content including but not limited to video, written, and live webinars for our audience across all channels
- Create and manage a strategic roadmap for top-of-funnel content
- Develop and maintain a rapid content production pipeline to support evolving marketing initiatives
- Work with a production team (AV + graphic design) to produce high-quality, engaging marketing video content
- Process and provide recommendations for future content development based on relevant success metrics
- Optimize content formats to maximize engagement
- Manage multiple workstreams with both internal stakeholders and external contractors
- You’re obsessed with this problem of addiction and committed to delivering better solutions for people dealing with substance abuse
- You have experience producing video and multimedia content
- You excel at writing effective copy and audio scripts/video scripts
- You’re able to compellingly communicate a brand’s story and excel at designing content for different channels
- You have a strong understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills
- You thrive when you are managing multiple projects at once
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, early-stage company work environment
What we value and why you should join.
We’re a group of passionate and committed individuals determined not only to create a modern, feminist, inclusive, recovery modality but also to entirely upend the way our culture views alcohol—we are the anti-Rose All Day. We have a scrappy, get it done upstart ethos. We believe in showing up no matter what, honesty at all costs, persistence, straight-talking, and risk-taking. We’re not looking culture fits, we’re looking for individuals looking to build an entirely new culture. You should join if you want to make a difference in the world, and see this as the obvious way for you to do just that.