Senior Social Media Manager
New York, New York
Who are we?
Tempest (formerly known as Hip Sobriety) is a female-founded, first-of-its-kind digital recovery platform that provides alcohol abuse treatment for the 46 million Americans who don’t identify as addicted. We are a modern alternative to current recovery options like AA, focused on putting people at the center of their own recovery through an approach that’s empathetic, empowering, and desirable.
Tempest serves a customer currently ignored by the wellness, healthcare and recovery industries; deliver them to sobriety; and keep them engaged in an evolutionary pursuit at a fraction of the cost of traditional treatment modalities. We position sobriety less as a singular goal and more as a holistic, aspirational lifestyle, and communicate this through our meticulously designed brand, through the thoughtfulness and joy built into our products, and through our commitment to culture-shifting via The Temper, our media presence.
Our current core product--an 8-week course that combines ed tech with an online support community--has been wildly successful. To date, over 4000 participants have been through the beta course with a Net Promoter Score of ~80. About half of our sobriety school participants convert into annual members and receive access to monthly Tempest content, a supportive online community, and the opportunity to attend in real life events.
Tempest offers staff:
- An open-minded, accepting, mostly hilarious culture that believes employee happiness comes first
- Unique holidays (and a lot of them)
- Great health insurance with One Medical benefits
- $150/month wellness reimbursement
- Work from home Thursdays
- Weekly team lunch and office snacks
- Family-friendly policies
- Pre-meeting meditation practice
- Weekly support for those in recovery
- Zero happy hours
- Endless Topo Chico
Senior Social Media Manager
As Senior Social Media Manager, you will lead content planning, ideation, curation, and community engagement for the Tempest’s social media accounts. You’ll work across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter, as well as local directories, review sites and emerging platforms that will help drive Tempest’s brand and customer growth.
In this role you’ll collaborate with the paid media team to maximize the impact of our social efforts through paid content distribution, and you’ll partner with the Operations team to provide customer support across social channels. Success in this role means significantly growing reach and engagement and driving positive ROI across social channels through compelling content and community engagement.
We’re looking for a strategic and creative marketer with a passion for social media, content, community management, and brand marketing. You have excellent project management skills, an aptitude for measurement, and a strong performance orientation. This role is based in New York and will report to the VP of Marketing.
- Manage the day-to-day messaging, monitoring, and moderation of Tempest’s social media and directory profiles.
- Develop insights into our target audience and their social media usage to inform our overall social strategy and plans. Develop social media content calendars and plan social campaigns.
- Lead the sourcing and creation of micro-content such as photography, animated GIFs, short-form videos in partnership with the design team and through hands on content production suited for each social channel. Track performance of social media content, campaigns, community engagement, and overall social presence with regular reporting to the VP of Marketing.
- Develop and maintain our social media messaging guidelines and response library for frequently asked questions, and serve as the front-line customer facing voice across our social channels.
- Minimum 4 years of in-house or agency experience in social media marketing with responsibility for developing organic content and programs that drive measurable audience growth. You have experience managing content and communities on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, etc. and understanding best practices for each platform.
- You have a passion for storytelling, concepting, and content development. You understand how to leverage existing assets and and narratives to develop engaging micro-content quickly and for reuse and re-distribution across multiple channels.
- You’re obsessed with understanding the customer, listening to what the community has to say, and engaging in a supportive, authentic, on-brand voice. You’re analytical and know how to gather, monitor, analyze, and otherwise interpret social media metrics and communicate insights based on the story the data is revealing.
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with hyper attention to detail.
- You’re polished in presentation and communication, highly organized and detail oriented.
- You’re experienced in managing programs, publishing, and relationships via top platform tools such as Buffer, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Salesforce, Percolate, etc.
What we value and why you should join.
We’re a group of passionate and committed individuals determined not only to create a modern, feminist, inclusive, recovery modality but also to entirely upend the way our culture views alcohol—we are the anti-Rose All Day. We have a scrappy, get it done upstart ethos. We believe in showing up no matter what, honesty at all costs, persistence, straight-talking, and risk-taking. We’re not looking culture fits, we’re looking for individuals looking to build an entirely new culture. You should join if you want to make a difference in the world, and see this as the obvious way for you to do just that.