UX Designer / Creative
San Francisco /
Tempo is a next-generation home fitness system—and the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
Tempo is looking for an experienced UX Designer to be embedded within our Marketing organization and reporting to our Creative Director. We are looking for a creative/marketing UX Designer that can be two parts marketing and one part UX. Someone that can do UX flows and content strategy but also visually design on the side. If you are passionate about uncompromising creative, fitness, and want to join a fast-growing startup, we would love to meet you.
When applying, please include a link to your online portfolio and other relevant creative links. This role will work primarily on web but also can work cross channel. When applying be sure to include work samples that meet this specific criteria.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the Design System for Tempo’s Marketing Experience across all channels with a focus on Web/Digital
- Collaborate across departments (marketing, product, fitness, etc.) to ensure a consistent and cohesive brand language
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary creatives to take projects from start to finish
- Using a variety of techniques to test your work, including internal and external research
- Generate clear ideas, concepts, and designs for any form of creative asset
- Execute production-ready assets across multiple platforms
- Execute quality of design through all phases of the process
- 5+ years of professional experience designing and delivering comprehensive design systems role at agencies and/or internal Brand Marketing team.
- Experience in Web UX Design
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Brand & Marketing, User Research, and Business Operations
- Ability to work with contractors and agencies as needed
- Advanced knowledge of: Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator
- A working knowledge of how to work/build design systems
- Ability to articulate design criteria and present design solutions with clear verbal and visual communication skills
- Ability to produce quality design concepts quickly based on both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Customer-centric at every point in your design process. From user research to prototyping and feedback, you place the customer at the heart of every decision you make
- A self-starter who thrives in a faced-paced environment
- Flexible, pragmatic, and detail-oriented
- Experience at a startup is a plus
- Passion for fitness is a plus
What We Offer:
- Real opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- A collaborative start-up culture made up of a talented, close-knit team
- A platform to make a meaningful impact and shape the future of our company