Senior QA Engineer
San Francisco /
Tempo is the next-generation home fitness system—and the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time. It captures motion by emitting pulses of infrared light 30 times a second, generating a 3D model of your body made up of 80,000 individual points.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Apple, Pixar, Airbnb, YouTube, Netflix, Lyft, Tesla, Equinox, and Orangetheory. We recently raised a $60 million round of Series B funding from General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, Bling Capital, and Signal Fire.
Tempo is seeking a proactive Sr. QA engineer with a proven history of testing hardware and software devices. You will be responsible for the functional and automated testing across multiple technologies. You will be responsible for establishing new testing processes, finding ways to leverage and scale to deliver without compromising quality and efficiency, establishing quality metrics and best practices for the team. You will collaborate with Dev and PM teams, own and drive the quality of new products and SW releases.
What You'll Do:
- You will own the development and execution of test plans and test cases for multiple features.
- You will develop and maintain testing strategies, including manual and automation testing.
- You will help to build out automation frameworks and scripts for Client, server, websites, and Mobile.
- You will ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with the product and engineering teams to prioritize testing execution and report on test execution progress and results.
- You will participate in design and specification reviews, and use this information to design test plans.
- You will promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices.
- You will promote a culture of quality throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 8+ years of experience as a quality assurance engineer
- 4+ years of experience delivering test frameworks, test tools, leading the QA projects and initiatives
- 4+ years of automation/programming experience
- Foundation QA knowledge: Review product design and requirement to create test plan and test cases, find/isolate/document/regress/track bugs through resolution, interpret/report test result and file bug, automate the test cases, derive practices and metrics for team
- Demonstrated success delivering high quality, innovative products based on rapidly evolving technologies
- Previous automation experience is a must
- Worked with SW developers, TPMs and review technical artifacts to understand the technical architecture and derive test strategy that spans across multiple products and functional areas
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and define roadmaps
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Ability to work with cross-functional internal teams
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen quickly
- Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills
- Fitness and strength training knowledge is a plus!
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Tremendous opportunities for personal growth
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts on Fridays and access to personal trainers
- Opportunity to make a huge impact and define the future of the product
Tempo is headquartered in San Francisco and is the next-generation home fitness system – and the first and only weight training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide targeted feedback in real-time. Our flagship product is a combination hardware, software, and content-streaming device that packages an immersive 42” touchscreen display, competition-grade weight set, and other accessories in a sleek, free-standing industrial design.