Senior Visual Designer
San Francisco /
Tempo is a next-generation home fitness system—and the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $80 Million in funding from General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to the Design System for Tempo’s product experience across all devices.
- Collaborate with Designers, Engineers and Product to assess, analyze and plan the roadmap for the design system.
- Work on the evolving visual language and system, drawing inspiration from the Tempo Brand and helping amplify this across the portfolio.
- Partner with the Tempo Brand team, to help influence the overall Tempo design language.
- Understand the before, during and after workout experience and apply a visual narrative that helps form a cohesive visual experience.
- Evolve the foundations of the Tempo experience, as we build broader categories of features across the portfolio.
- Using a variety of techniques to test your work, including internal and external research
- A solid understanding of Design Tokens, and it’s value in speeding up product design and development.
- Partner with Research to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of the system.
- Your work should help increase designer and developer efficiency. As the Tempo Design team grows, we want to ensure the system is the foundation of the product experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering comprehensive design systems.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Brand & Marketing, User Research, and Business Operations
- Ability to articulate design criteria and present design solutions with clear verbal and visual communication skills
- Able to produce quality design concepts quickly based on both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Customer-centric at every point in your design process. From user research to prototyping and feedback, you place the customer at the heart of every decision you make
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working at a consumer hardware company a big plus
- Passion for fitness a plus