Senior Manager, Consumer Subscriptions
San Francisco /
Tempo is a next-generation home fitness system—and the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Apple, Pixar, Airbnb, YouTube, Netflix, Lyft, Tesla, Equinox, and Orangetheory. We recently raised a $60 million round of Series B funding from General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, Bling Capital, and Signal Fire.
Tempo is seeking a highly driven Senior Manager of Consumer Subscriptions to join our growing team. This is a strategic, critical role responsible for assuring that Tempo builds an inclusive and engaging community of members both inside and outside the product experience. This role will work alongside executive leadership to solve some of the company’s most challenging problems that will ultimately define the member experience.
The right candidate will be able to assess what is most important for members and our business, act boldly and lead change. Tactically, you will manage the execution once the vision has been aligned across all stakeholder groups and ensure timely launches. Successful candidates will have a history of driving deep insights from messy data, have exceptional business judgement including financial acumen to quickly assess the viability of key decisions, and the ability to write compelling business cases and drive outcomes for senior leadership at Tempo. The ability to influence cross functionally and across the organization, at all levels, will be absolutely critical to success in this role.
What You'll Do:
- Connect the dots throughout the entire member journey from product consideration to active member
- Identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail
- Help build programs to drive growth and healthy engagement among new members
- Represent the voice of the member in product decisions
- Bachelor's degree from a 4 year University
- Minimum 6 years of experience with a blend of strategy and operations
- Passionate about technology and fitness with a hospitality background and mindset
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders at all levels and manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Superior analytical skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Open and Effective Communicator: You’re a great listener and observer as well as a great deliverer of your message
- Humble: Your customer instincts are matched by your low ego and willingness to problem-solve with others
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit team and the opportunity to build from the ground up
- Tremendous opportunities for growth