Senior Computer Vision Engineer
San Francisco /
Tempo is the next-generation home fitness system—and the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time. It captures motion by emitting pulses of infrared light 30 times a second, generating a 3D model of your body made up of 80,000 individual points.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. We recently raised $17.5M in Series A funding from Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, Bling Capital, and Signal Fire. Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Apple, Pixar, Airbnb, YouTube, Netflix, Equinox, and Orangetheory.
At Tempo, you'll be responsible for improving our computer vision pipeline for processing 3D data of human exercise by using human pose estimation. We're looking for a flexible, curious applicant with a background in real-time computer vision.
We’re synthesizing 2D and 3D sensors and utilizing a variety of techniques to analyze human motion. This is an exciting opportunity to apply computer vision to build new features for customers, not just shave off costs for big corporations. Tempo envisions a world where 3D sensors can help prevent human error across a variety of disciplines, not just fitness.
- Strong experience in Human Pose Estimation
- 5+ years programming experience in C++
- 2+ years industry experience in Computer Vision
- Familiarity with the state of the art in Computer Vision research
- Strong mathematical background (3D geometry, linear algebra, numerical methods, algorithms)
- Experience with TensorFlow
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Tremendous opportunities for personal growth
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks such as team workouts on Fridays and access to personal trainers
- Opportunity to make a huge impact and define the future of the product
Tempo is a next-generation home fitness system – and the first and only weight training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Pivot enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide targeted feedback in real-time. Our flagship product is a combination hardware, software, and content-streaming device that packages an immersive 42” touchscreen display, competition-grade weight set, and other accessories in a sleek, free-standing industrial design.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $17.5M in Series A funding from Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.