Business Operations Manager/Senior Manager
San Francisco /
Tempo is a next-generation home fitness system—and the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Apple, Pixar, Airbnb, YouTube, Netflix, Lyft, Tesla, Equinox, and Orangetheory. We recently raised a $60 million round of Series B funding from General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, Bling Capital, and Signal Fire.
Tempo is seeking a highly driven Business Operations Manager to join our growing team. You will drive critical business insights for our Executive Team while partnering with cross-functional leaders to plan, strategize, and execute efforts to drive smart growth. This role will require exceptional analytical skills, an entrepreneurial “get stuff done” mindset and have the opportunity to build our company pillars from the ground up.
What You'll Do:
- Quickly understand the key drivers of Tempo’s business and how cross-functional teams’ work contribute to them
- The problem space is wide and ambiguous. You’ll need to identify gaps and/or opportunities for growth and be able to ideate on a full range of solutions requiring a thoughtful distribution of operational vs productized elements
- You will need to have an excellent sense of turning strategies into detailed execution plans with defined KPIs
- Bachelor's degree from a 4 year University
- MBA is preferred but not required
- 6+ years of experience with a blend of operationally complex work and strategic decision making
- “Get stuff done”: You are eager to roll up your sleeves and get on the front lines with our customer experience, supply chain, product, and marketing teams
- Data Minded: You are comfortable diving into our data and piecing it together
- Empathetic: You are in-tune with how others around you are feeling and able to motivate others to achieve results
- Open and Effective Communicator: You’re a great listener and observer as well as a great deliverer of your message
- Relationship Builder: You care about people beyond their job titles, and you want and can build a meaningful relationship with them for many years to come
- Humble: Your customer instincts are matched by your low ego and willingness to problem-solve with others
- Problem Solver: You’re a creative thinker who loves implementing simple and elegant solutions
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit team and the opportunity to build from the ground up
- Tremendous opportunities for growth