Lifecycle Marketing Manager
San Francisco /
Tempo is the first home fitness system that tracks your motion and gives you instant feedback to improve your form—providing a more effective and safer workout. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo counts your reps, recommends weights, and enables expert trainers to guide you in real-time. Our flagship product, the Tempo Studio, is a complete home gym that packages a 42" HD touchscreen that streams live and on-demand class, a 115 lb weight set, and other accessories in a sleek, free-standing design.
Founded in 2019 and based in San Francisco, Tempo’s mission is to bring the hands-on guidance of quality personal training into your home—empowering you to hit your fitness goals on your terms. The all-star fit tech team includes alums from Apple, Google, Netflix, Orangetheory, Equinox, and TRX, and just raised a $60 Million Series B round from leading investors including General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and SignalFire.
We’re looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to join our small but mighty marketing team. The position involves day-to-day hands-on creation, execution and optimization of lifecycle marketing campaigns, both email & in-app. We are looking for a marketer who is passionate about the end-to-end customer journey - and is an expert in developing omnichannel campaigns that optimize customer conversion, retention, monetization, and brand love.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create a lifecycle marketing strategy & roadmap in collaboration with marketing and product teams with the goal of driving leads, conversion, engagement and brand love
- Own the day-to-day, hands-on execution of all email & in-app lifecycle marketing campaigns (building & sending emails, pulling audience segments, a/b testing & reporting)
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting, and contact strategies to maximize the conversion rate, cross sell purchase rate and LTV/CAC
- Be the in-house expert in our marketing automation and platform tools in order to engage and convert prospects and customers across the customer journey
- Ensure high quality and error-free implementation, testing and QA of lifecycle marketing campaigns
- Continuously conduct A/B tests and analyze results to develop insights that improve acquisition, retention, conversion rate, and customer loyalty
- Develop creative briefs and work with designers and copywriters to create compelling creative that drives results
- Own post-campaign reporting and share with stakeholders to drive transparency
What you should already have:
- 4+ years experience developing lifecycle/CRM programs, within an e-commerce business a plus
- Proven success working both within and across teams to execute lifecycle marketing programs and meet shared goals
- Adept with marketing automation/CRM systems, innovating and pushing the boundaries of what those systems can do
- Experience in customer segmentation strategies and subscriber management across multiple channels, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws
- Critical thinker who can develop creative solutions around limitations
- Analytical mindset and experience with related tools & concepts: Excel, A/B testing, experiment design, campaign analysis
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Impeccable eye for detail
- Experience with marketing and analytics platforms including MailChimp, Yotpo, Promoter.io, Airship (in-app messaging) Google Analytics, Periscope