Senior Front End Engineer
San Francisco /
Tempo is the next-generation home fitness system—and the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time. It captures motion by emitting pulses of infrared light 30 times a second, generating a 3D model of your body made up of 80,000 individual points.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. We recently raised $17.5M in Series A funding from Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, Bling Capital, and Signal Fire. Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Apple, Pixar, Airbnb, YouTube, Netflix, Equinox, and Orangetheory.
Tempo is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You will be responsible for leading the development of features for the Tempo service. We have an exciting and ambitious feature set planned and you will primarily be working on React and Typescript to bring these new features to life. You’ll also iterate on tools our Trainers and Computer Vision Engineers use to enable our cutting-edge workout experience. If you want to work on the latest in machine learning and AI at a fast growing start-up, then we would love to meet you!
- 3+ years of experience working with React
- Experience using Typescript or other typed language in a production environment is a plus
- Hardware experience a big plus (bluetooth or working on a heart rate monitor)
- Expertise with front end dev tooling, such as Yarn and NPM
- Familiarity with Git and Agile best practicesCI experience (Travic, Circle, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience shipping clean, maintainable code for consumer products
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Tremendous opportunities for personal growth
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks such as team workouts on Fridays and access to personal trainers
- Opportunity to make a huge impact and define the future of the product