Senior Visual Designer
San Francisco /
Tempo is looking for an experienced visual designer to be embedded within our Marketing organization and reporting to our Creative Director. In this role, you will help shape our brand identity and develop a wide range of creative assets spanning our website, social channels, digital ads, and emails. The ideal candidate should be able to both concept big ideas and sweat all the micro details of your craft as you bring them to life. You’ll play a key role in defining the visual language of an emerging fitness brand with lots of opportunities for exploration and innovation.
*When applying, please include a link to your online portfolio and other relevant creative links.*
- Generate clear ideas, concepts, and designs for any form of creative asset
- Execute typography, icons, logos, assets, and interfaces for multiple platforms
- Execute production-ready assets across multiple platforms
- Execute quality of design through all phases of the process
- Define, codify, and establish the standards for high quality visual design
- Participate in design critiques and brainstorms Design of both offline and online communications and marketing pieces
- Design of campaign and events materials and environmental graphics
- Design of information graphics and presentations
- Research inspiration, materials, merchandise, and production methods
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary creatives to take projects from start to finish
- Collaborate across departments (marketing, product, fitness, etc.) to ensure a consistent and cohesive brand expression
- Think of innovative ways to stretch and extend our design language system
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards and trends in the visual design field
- 6+ years of experience as a brand visual designer on consumer-facing products
- An online portfolio demonstrating innovative, inspired visual design
- Ability to work with contractors and agencies as needed
- Experience designing for world class fitness brands
- Interest in fitness and/or strength training
- Motion design experience
- Social media asset creation experience
- Illustration experience
- Photo retouching experience
Tempo is a next-generation home fitness system—and the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time. Our flagship product is a combination hardware, software, and content-streaming device that packages an immersive 42” touchscreen display, competition-grade weight set, and other accessories in a sleek, free-standing industrial design.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Apple, Pixar, Airbnb, YouTube, Netflix, Equinox, and Orangetheory, backed by $17.5M in Series A funding from Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, Bling Capital, and Signal Fire.
Learn more at https://tempo.fit.