Director of Strategic Finance
San Francisco /
Tempo is a next-generation home fitness system—and the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Apple, Pixar, Airbnb, YouTube, Netflix, Lyft, Tesla, Equinox, and Orangetheory. We recently raised a $60 million round of Series B funding from General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, Bling Capital, and Signal Fire.
Strategic Finance is an important function for Tempo, sitting at the center of the finance team to help Tempo’s leadership and board gain financial visibility and insights on the business. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will oversee corporate FP&A and play a key role in fundraising, pricing strategies, investor relations and other strategic initiatives. You will also work with partners across the leadership team.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and manage key FP&A processes, including forecasting, budget planning, performance reporting, and others.
- Develop metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and collaborate with partners across the company.
- Provide financial analysis and commentary to important partners including Tempo’s board and leadership team.
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, with a focus on capital allocation decisions and long-term financial planning.
- Support ad hoc strategic projects such as pricing and compensation designs and help define systems improvements to support Tempo’s growth.
- Build and coach a high-performing team over time.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field.
- 8+ years of relevant finance experience, including experience in investment banking, private equity, and/or strategic finance in a fast-growing startup.
- Experience leading and developing a team.
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling, accounting and corporate finance concepts.
- Familiarity with financial planning processes and business systems such as Anaplan and/or Hyperion.
- Experience with leading implementation of business systems is a big plus.
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit team and the opportunity to build from the ground up
- Tremendous opportunities for growth