San Francisco /
Tempo is the first home fitness system that tracks your motion and gives you instant feedback to improve your form—providing a more effective and safer workout. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo counts your reps, recommends weights, and enables expert trainers to guide you in real-time. Our flagship product, the Tempo Studio, is a complete home gym that packages a 42" HD touchscreen that streams live and on-demand class, a 115 lb weight set, and other accessories in a sleek, free-standing design.
Founded in 2019 and based in San Francisco, Tempo’s mission is to bring the hands-on guidance of quality personal training into your home—empowering you to hit your fitness goals on your terms. The all-star fit tech team includes alums from Apple, Google, Netflix, Orangetheory, Equinox, and TRX, and is backed by $18.8M in funding from leading investors including Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and SignalFire.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to own analytics, reporting, and analysis specifically supporting our Marketing and Operations team. You will work closely with leadership to provide data-driven insights and help identify the best opportunities to increase acquisition and engagement for Tempo’s products. If you’re passionate about fitness and want to join a fast growing startup, then we would love to meet you!
- Partner with Marketing and Operations teams to understand business strategy, challenges and goals in efforts to discover areas for optimization and opportunity.
- Deliver deep-dive analysis of marketing campaigns, while putting forward hypotheses and recommendations for future initiatives and programs.
- Define metric calculations, partnering with Operations and Product in developing self-serve dashboards to monitor KPIs and success metrics.
- Utilize proprietary and third-party tools (business intelligence platform, web analytics platforms, and ad-serving technologies) to report and analyze product, customer, pricing and revenue data.
- Own customer acquisition channel reporting suite along with marketing and web analytics stack.
- Help evolve and strengthen marketing attribution through various lift analysis and beyond.
- Develop CRM & lifecycle cohort-based communication reporting and analytics practice.
- Drive sophisticated customer segmentation analysis and cohort level LTV modeling.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in experience in marketing, e-commerce, or at a brand agency.
- Strong marketing background with ability to analyze complex problems.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to learn quickly.
- Solid understanding of multivariate testing, attribution modeling, media mix modeling, lift analysis, and customer segmentation highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with and data visualization tools a must.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and work with key stakeholders across different departments.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, math, statistics or economics preferred.