Director of Growth Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Our customer is an electrical engineer designing and rapidly iterating on electronics designs. Our product is a service to turn those designs into prototypes more quickly and seamlessly than anyone in the world.
You will be our first marketing hire. In your first months, you will take a hands-on approach to understanding our customers, formulating a go to market plan, running experiments, and supporting our sales team. As the company's needs grow, you will be responsible for recruiting, developing, and leading a high-performance marketing team.
If you want to learn more about working at Tempo, please visit our careers page.
- Ability to own all aspects of our growth marketing strategy and execution
- Quickly develop a solid understanding of our customer base, target market, brand, and product
- Define, execute, and scale all aspects of a growth marketing strategy
- Experiment with different initiatives to generate demand including blog and email content, social media, events, paid advertising, referrals, etc.
- Measure and analyze data to drive KPI’s including revenue, CAC, CLV, and quote to order ratio
- Work closely with company leadership and individual contributors across our product, design, and operations functions to understand and support company-wide goals
- Scale the marketing team to support the increasing needs of the company by recruiting, developing, and leading top marketing talent
- Flexible, creative problem solver who can design a playbook that works uniquely for Tempo
- Experience with leading B2B marketing for high growth startups with proven results
- Highly data-driven and customer-centric approach to marketing
- Experience with various methods of digital marketing including Google Analytics, A/B testing, and marketing automation platforms like Hubspot and CRM’s like Salesforce
- Immensely creative and inventive in coming up with new approaches for reaching potential customers
- A great communicator, in written and verbal form, to teammates and customers
- Incredible attention to detail
- Experience building high-performance marketing teams
- Previous experience marketing to engineers is nice to have, but not necessary
- Unlimited vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting from work and we trust you to responsibly manage your vacation time and get your work done. We offer an open vacation policy for salaried employees.
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy employees. We cover 100% of the premium for our base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free companywide lunches to bring everyone together and fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Transparent and sociable culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and regular socials.